Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Game of Thrones (season 6)

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Game of Thrones (season 6)

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-13-2016 12:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just turn off the audio, skip the bearded dwarf bits and yeah, it's a great scene.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-13-2016 12:26 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:

I thought the violent violence was also quite violent.

You know what's best about that? That I'm actually rooting for Cersei now and hope her Mountain will crush a few more seven pointed skulls. It's weird, I thought she was a complete bitch only a few episodes ago. Guess that's GoT for ya :D

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-13-2016 12:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Awe c'mon the edge of the world is just undiscovered country :)

And yea, I was hoping Cersai would just fuck shit up.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-13-2016 09:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Also, Arya Stark. Confirmed flat-earther :dork:

Flat earthed as well as flat chested, ey?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-13-2016 11:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Errone dies instantly. Cept Arya cause Maisie Williams.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-13-2016 11:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Also, also. Varys seemed to conveniently get the fuck out of dodge in the nick of time, eh? :offended:

Indeed :offended:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-13-2016 11:55 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
Errone

Who?

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-13-2016 11:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Who be dat yo?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 01:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's like you haven't been watching the show.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 01:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've been googling the name but nothing comes up. The only thing that sounds phonetically similar is Euron (Greyjoy), but he's not dead. You must be making things up on the fly.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 01:35 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Errone, offspring of Errbody.
pay attention.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 01:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Still don't know who you're on about :up:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 02:18 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
Still don't know who you're on about :up:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-14-2016 07:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

On a sidenote; the Hound should get his own spinoff - I for one would watch the shit out of that.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-19-2016 06:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck me silly

Is giant confirmed kill ? :( , still gobsmacked that both Davos and Tormund survived tho. LF is pretty much the only dude in the north with an army too.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-19-2016 07:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Spoilers all around...

Holy fuck that was a great episode. Super intense. That part where Snow was in the middle of the battle with the horses riding all around and he's cutting them down...Awesome!

I always assumed the Knights of the Vale would come in to save the day, but I was beginning to wonder! And I thought Snow was going to be stomped to death by all those men trying to get out. Damn that was good...

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 06-20-2016 07:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Why did they make Wun Wun as dumb as Jon Snow? Give him a shield and something to swing and those phalanx would've been toast. Also why would Bolton shoot WunWun in the eye instead of Snow? They were standing next to each other both not looking. I call BULLSHIT.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-20-2016 09:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

All great points, but they don't hamper the episode for me. Not sure if I've ever felt anxiety from a TV show like I did last night (maybe the red weeding?). When a show can do that, they're doing it right...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-20-2016 10:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Good Ep - was hoping Ghost was going to be the one at the end but there we go

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-20-2016 11:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Why did they make Wun Wun as dumb as Jon Snow? Give him a shield and something to swing and those phalanx would've been toast. Also why would Bolton shoot WunWun in the eye instead of Snow? They were standing next to each other both not looking. I call BULLSHIT.

I think it fits the character. His MO is to be in control and toy with other people. He probably still delusionally thinks he can toy with Jon at that moment. Or maybe he realizes all is lost and he doesn't really give a fuck anymore. Honestly, Jon Snow is not that important in the greater scheme of things now that Winterfell is in Stark hands again with Sansa around.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-20-2016 11:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just check that smirk on Sansa's face... She's wicked.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-20-2016 12:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And sexeh

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 06-20-2016 12:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

JS was rly dumb tho right, like unbelievably so. and why couldnt that giant clear a path out of that phalanx even without a weapon? I've never been so conflicted between cool and cmoooon in my life

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 06-20-2016 01:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:

I'm getting the impression she doesn't give a shit about Snow either. The way she looked at him when he was in battle, it was almost like she wanted them to all die or was planning it.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-20-2016 02:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That was satisfying.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-20-2016 02:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jeeeeesus!

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-20-2016 03:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
Sansa quoted Ramsay, in how the dogs hadn't been fed for 7 days, but she was not there when he said this :)

Wasn't she there? Or did she ride off before he mentioned that? Either way, someone could have relayed the message...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-20-2016 10:18 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that makes no sense.

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 06-20-2016 11:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wow John Snow is a dipshit

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-21-2016 02:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
There's apparently some major episode 10 spoilers abound, so click abouts the internets with caution.

:!:

Thanks for the heads up :ninja:

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-21-2016 02:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also has anyone else seen the Robert Baratheon curse theory? Everyone of the Starks he touched in the first episode has died...but the ones he didn't are still alive...dun dun DUN!

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-21-2016 03:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
that makes no sense.

What do you mean? She was either there when he said it, or she rode off before he said it. But Jon or someone could have told her...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-21-2016 05:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
Eraser wrote:

I'm getting the impression she doesn't give a shit about Snow either. The way she looked at him when he was in battle, it was almost like she wanted them to all die or was planning it.

I said this as soon as she kept the army a secret from Snow. The talk of her being a bitch to Jon growing up n all that and how nice she is acting now, of course a lot has happened, but it does look like she's sewing seeds littlefinger style. I don't think it'll go down that road though, I'm gonna assume the next 2 seasons is all white walkers with the intro of dragonlady to KL, so I think Sansa story will tie up by revolving around LF who...

Will want her hand in marriage, after being promised the warden of the North by Cersai - I reckon

So I think it's more to do with Sansa learning to play the game. I also thought her plea to Snow about forgetting Rickon could be interpreted in more than 1 way too.

The arrow to the giants eye I thought was daft too, felt like it was tacked in after one of the writers said 'we need a death'. I said during the ep that this season has a lot of the storyline developing due to coincidence, factor in dead people not staying dead with time travel and it's a step down on previous seasons imo.

Doens't mean I like it any less though, that episode was fucking awesome. Before the mosh pit and Snows fighting his way through cavalry, that was shot beautifully. Still think the white walker battle wins though :)

I do have a question - who leads house Stark at this time ?. I'm guessing it should be Bran, then Sansa ?, can Snow be legitimised ?,

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-21-2016 05:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
I do have a question - who leads house Stark at this time ?. I'm guessing it should be Bran, then Sansa ?, can Snow be legitimised ?,

Bran => Sansa => Arya

I guess most people still assume Bran is dead so Sansa will be regarded as the leader of house Stark. I don't think Jon has any claim to the house as he's a bastard and pretty much resigned from any claim he may have had by taking the black.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-21-2016 06:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jon died, his "watch has ended" so I doubt that would stop him.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.