Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        dutch0s

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: dutch0s

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-03-2018 01:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no, i'm not coming to your country - just wanted to know if you read De Correspondent, a new news site dedicated to 'unbreaking news'. if so, any good? https://thecorrespondent.com/

it's coming out in English just as soon as they can raise the money. decided to chip in as a founding member since the idea of long-form articles that aren't about the same shit every cunt from the Guardian to HuffPo is wittering on about

they seem to be struggling to reach their financial goal however :|

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-03-2018 09:54 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They're alright I guess but their content is often pretty liberal left wing oriented. Not necessarily a bad thing but if that sort of bias isn't your thing then I guess it might annoy you.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 12-04-2018 12:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

their main selling point is that they are very opinionated, purposefully so.
so instead of just delivering news, they also write a 5 page essay to go with it.

i dunno, I feel like the crowd they cater to are mostly self proclaimed intellectuals :shrug:

[edit] just remembered my wife has a subscription :olo: :toothy:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-04-2018 10:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so you're saying i should just stick to reading Quillette then?

will suspend judgement until i see the actual content. that said, the marketing email i got from them today doesn't bode well...

Quote:
You shared tons of original ideas for stories you’d like The Correspondent to tell. They include the ecology of bees, how changes in copyright affect the public availability of heritage collections, the risk of pandemics, how to live well with dementia, the decline of school libraries around the world, the importance of sports outside soccer and baseball, and many, many more!

uh, ok

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.