Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Doomer, are you still into the Mame scene?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Doomer, are you still into the Mame scene?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-04-2016 01:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I went to flip on my arcade a few days ago and the laptop I was running it on kicked the bucket. So I guess I'll need a new system to run it on. Was wondering if you had any suggestions. I was never able to play the more "advanced" games like Tekken or NFL Blitz, and would like to be able to. Any new advancements with Mame?

plained
plained
PostPosted: 10-04-2016 02:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

these past 2 years ive taken my kids to disneyland fla the house i stay at in reunion resort has a chicago gaming co. arcade legends machine its great

http://www.arcadelegends.com/

this past time i was there when i played my game (robotron) the dyagnal controls werent working so i opened it up and wiggled all the conector on the controls.

yea that was it i fixed them.

but when i was in there i grabbed picks heres the mobo! and controls interface http://www.imagebam.com/image/33980b507845292

i have pics of all of the inside controls etc

see that usb stick? :ninja:

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 10-04-2016 03:45 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I never ran any 3d stuff on mine either, but I'd imagine any relatively modern video card would be able to handle any mame game you throw at it. Last I tried was ages ago when most 3d games didn't even emulate properly to begin with.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 10-04-2016 06:30 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, my understanding is they've made some improvements with the emulators. Games that couldn't be played before are becoming at least tolerable.

And I was reading about HLSL. Apparently this drastically improves arcade games, making them more...arcadey. I'll need to figure out how it all works...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.