Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Watership Down author Richard Adams dies

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Watership Down author Richard Adams dies

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 12-27-2016 04:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I hate posting things like this but thought I would put it up, I loved that book. Another casualty of 2016;

The author of Watership Down, Richard Adams, has died aged 96, his daughter has said.
Juliet Johnson said her father had been "ailing for some time" but "died peacefully" on Christmas Eve.
Watership Down, a children's classic about a group of rabbits in search of a new home after their warren was destroyed, was first published in 1972.
Adams was 52 when he wrote it, after first telling the story to his two daughters on a long car journey.
It went on to become a best-seller, with tens of millions of copies bought around the world.
'Magical night'
Mrs Johnson told BBC Radio 4 she had a "long talk" with her father on the night before he died.
"I assured him that he was much loved, that he had done great work, that many people loved his books," she said.
She said an upcoming adaptation, which is due to air on the BBC next year, gave Adams "great composure and comfort". More:

http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-38446309

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 12-27-2016 05:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Now he knows what I felt like when 1st watched that fucking movie

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-28-2016 01:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tbh i didn't even realise he was still alive

RIP in pieces

btw the real Watership Down is a pretty cool place, doesn't afraid of anything, etc

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 12-28-2016 02:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
Now he knows what I felt like when 1st watched that fucking movie

:olo:

Not a patch on rats of nimh tho...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-28-2016 04:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

also Duncton Wood, starring badgers :dts:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.