Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Rise of the machines?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Rise of the machines?

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-13-2017 06:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Elon Musk: Humans must merge with machines or become irrelevant in AI age

Billionaire Elon Musk is known for his futuristic ideas and his latest suggestion might just save us from being irrelevant as artificial intelligence (AI) grows more prominent.

The Tesla and SpaceX CEO said on Monday that humans need to merge with machines to become a sort of cyborg.

"Over time I think we will probably see a closer merger of biological intelligence and digital intelligence," Musk told an audience at the World Government Summit in Dubai, where he also launched Tesla in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

"It's mostly about the bandwidth, the speed of the connection between your brain and the digital version of yourself, particularly output. Read More:

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/13/elon-mus ... obots.html

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-13-2017 06:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Here we go again guys and girls, the machine, robot, AI taking over mankind so what do you think? Are we in for a merge?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-13-2017 07:15 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

we're already hugely dependant on algorithms, the eventual merger doesn't have to be a bad thing.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-13-2017 07:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lars63 wrote:
Billionaire Elon Musk is known for his futuristic ideas and his latest suggestion might just save us from being irrelevant as artificial intelligence (AI) grows more prominent.

The Tesla and SpaceX CEO said on Monday that humans need to merge with machines to become a sort of cyborg.

At the danger of sounding hilariously naive in 70 years time, what a load of crock.
All of the digital advances we've made in our personal lives, it's all luxury and there never has been a "must". If you want to live without smartphone, tablet, smart TV and IoT connected dishwasher, then your quality of life is just as well as it was 20 years ago.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-13-2017 10:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i'm inclined to agree with Eraser on this one. futurists are always wrong and history is littered with the twisted smouldering wreckage of their asinine prognostications

also, if humans are irrelevant, then who will own the machines?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-13-2017 12:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If anything the rise of nano machines technology in the distant future will tick both boxes (allow us to regain our identity and become machine).

Mark my words, we'll all have billions of these things swimming around our body doing all manner of jobs and connecting us to a huge network, even altered realities and how we perceive the world/s. :dts:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-13-2017 12:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
If anything the rise of nano machines technology in the distant future will tick both boxes (allow us to regain our identity and become machine).

Mark my words, we'll all have billions of these things swimming around our body doing all manner of jobs and connecting us to a huge network, even altered realities and how we perceive the world/s. :dts:

I think that scenario is scary.... We will wonder what is real :paranoid:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-13-2017 01:41 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:

No way jose. I dont trust any government or NGO enough to put inevitably hackable machines in my body.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-13-2017 01:42 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Talking 1000s of years from now, if we make it past 2020.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-13-2017 02:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What's happening in 2020?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-13-2017 03:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:

Trump's re-election and the downfall of Jeremy Corbyn

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-13-2017 04:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
Whiskey 7 wrote:

Trump's re-election and the downfall of Jeremy Corbyn

Go stand in the corner!

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-14-2017 08:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm with MKJ on this, I don't think it would be a bad thing either depending on how we handle it of course.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.