Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Thimbleweed Park

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Thimbleweed Park

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-27-2017 12:40 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyone getting it?

https://thimbleweedpark.com/

Quote:
Lost along a dusty stretch of highway, this proud town once boasted an opulent hotel, a vibrant business district, and the state’s largest pillow factory, but now stinks of a desperate longing to be what it once was.

A body has been found in the river, bloated and pixelated from the decay of a death come too soon. Agents Ray and Reyes arrive and are immediately suspicious of each other’s intentions, then a couple of pigeons show up and start talking about the signals and it only gets weirder from there.

A cursed clown, a disinherited game designer, and the ghost of pillow salesmen join the story and add their own complications.

Play and switch between all five characters as you explore the vast, strange, and manipulative world of Thimbleweed Park while unraveling a dark and humorous neo-noir mystery.

Solve puzzles dreamed up by the brains of Ron Gilbert and Gary Winnick, creators of the original point & click adventure game, Maniac Mansion.

Coming in early 2017 to Windows, Mac, Xbox One, and Linux. iOS, Android, and other platforms will follow soon after.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 02-27-2017 01:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've not heard of this but it brings back memories of Day of the Tentacle so I might have to watch it

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-27-2017 02:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not my sort I am afraid...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-28-2017 12:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

As long as it doesn't involve a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle, I'm interested.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-28-2017 12:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I missed that this was by Ron Gilbert. That's great.

kinda disklike the forced 80's UI though. Games like Monkey Island SE showed us that we can do with more fluent interfaces nowadays.

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 03-30-2017 08:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-30-2017 08:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:D

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.