Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Game of Thrones Season 7

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Game of Thrones Season 7

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-25-2017 11:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

what bothers me is it's obviously freezing cold but no one's wearing a hat

winter has come but meh

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-26-2017 11:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so is that leaked Ep8 script legit? sounds like a pretty good ep

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-26-2017 09:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:
I did in fact and didn't say I didn't :|

Yea it was pretty obvious and looked strange. Not really worth noting though.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 08-28-2017 04:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Great episode

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-28-2017 04:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yep, pretty good way to wrap up the season. :up:

The way Tyrion was creeping around outside Danny's room was strange. The way they ended Tyrion and the Queen bitch's scene makes me wonder if he's turned. He emphasized how terrible he felt about her kids, then learned she's pregnant. Perhaps he made a deal to help his family carry on. Now he's feeling bad for betraying Danny and Jon...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-28-2017 05:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the scene in dragon pit was like a product reveal: the new undead 9000! continues to function even after limb removal!

also, dany should have showed up on one dragon, not two

i doubt tyrion's turned, though i'm unclear on the narrative function of that entire scene with cersei, unless it was to mirror the scene with jaime where

she refused to set the meat monolith on him after he told her to fuck her backstabbing plan. tyrion also calls her bluff the same way

if that's true, then it's cersei who's having conscience issues...

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 08-28-2017 07:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

havent seen a single episode

i'll just get the game

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-28-2017 11:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh man was it satisfying to see Arya finally cross Littlefucker off her list :olo:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-28-2017 12:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Littlefinger's facial expression going from self-indulgent smirk to utter panic in 3 nanoseconds was great :D

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-28-2017 12:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Great ep. I actually felt relieved when they sprung the trap on littlefinger. Lol.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-28-2017 01:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

about fucking time too. that guy was surplus to narrative requirements and his shenanigans were getting tiresome. least shocking major character death so far

also, anyone else see the Mountain and get reminded of Darth Vader? :p

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-28-2017 01:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, wtf was the hound talking about?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-28-2017 02:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

he was literally saying "come at me bro"

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 08-28-2017 02:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That dialog, while it needed to be said felt out of place. Its like they didn't know where else to fit it in.

bbl in 2019...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-28-2017 03:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the Night King can see into the future

how was he planning to breach the Wall before Dany conveniently turned up with her dragons? also, why were the army of the undead carrying around big-ass heavy iron chains with them? if NK can see the future, he already knew he'd have Viserion and that the chains would come in handy to haul him out of the lake

that said, if he can see into the future he already knows if he wins or not - unless there's something stopping him from seeing that (Bran maybe?)

:|

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-28-2017 04:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
Yeah, wtf was the hound talking about?

Basically a promo for Clegane Bowl...

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-28-2017 09:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

how was he planning to breach the Wall before Dany conveniently turned up with her dragons? also, why were the army of the undead carrying around big-ass heavy iron chains with them? if NK can see the future, he already knew he'd have Viserion and that the chains would come in handy to haul him out of the lake

that said, if he can see into the future he already knows if he wins or not - unless there's something stopping him from seeing that (Bran maybe?)

I reckon the whole javelin scene was a trap set up by the NK, kinda explains why he's been pissing about north of the wall for so long, he was waiting for dragon lady. He then sends out some zombies as bait and explains how a 1000 more turn up in seconds. Someone said they got the chains from a dock or someshit on the last page.

As for time travelling NK, well, this is one of the problems with introducing time travel in the 1st place. Really Bran should go back and stop the children from sticking the dude with dragon glass, Bran can say "come with me if you want to live", there'll be like a temporal war between Bran and NK.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-29-2017 05:03 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
seremtan wrote:

I reckon the whole javelin scene was a trap set up by the NK, kinda explains why he's been pissing about north of the wall for so long, he was waiting for dragon lady. He then sends out some zombies as bait and explains how a 1000 more turn up in seconds. Someone said they got the chains from a dock or someshit on the last page.

That's all well and good, but I guarantee they won't address any of this. We are in the post-Martin GoT. They're just throwing shit together to bring this thing to some conclusion (I'm not complaining, I'm still very much enjoying the show). But I seriously doubt you'll get an answer on most of this...

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 08-29-2017 05:56 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I do wonder if they're going to follow through with Martin's original idea of what the books were going to be.

They were supposed to be an antidote to all the heroic fantasy out there where character destinies were little more than established tropes, which is why we get surprising deaths of fan favourites.

If they follow through completely and keep close to this idea, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone south of the Wall is eventually killed off by the Night King and his undead army. This would also lend credence to the fan theory doing the rounds at the moment about Bran being the Night King. As a last ditch attempt to stop the Night King and save Westeros, he travels back to warn the Children not to make the Night King only for them to make him the Night King.

But then, I don't believe Bran's capable of actual time travel, simply just being able to observe events in the past, so ignore me.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-29-2017 07:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

When people say Bran is the Night King, do they really mean the Night King is Bran? Cause in my mind, there is a difference...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-29-2017 07:49 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It was just Ned noticing him before he entered the tower that makes me think he maybe able to change past events at some point.

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 08-30-2017 12:00 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't like how they went about fucking with the audience with the whole scene with arya and sansa with faces if they both were out to get Littlefinger and knew everything they did.

Unless Bran set them straight before one of them killed each other and they left out that scene.

It felt cheap.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-30-2017 01:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Memphis wrote:

What happened to honour and "he who passes the sentence, should swing the sword"? There wasn't even a sentence passed. It was mob-justice and a murder of someone invited into their home.

It's Game of Thrones, set in magical medieval times. Mob-justice is fine...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-30-2017 01:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i'm curious as to how the whole Jon Snow = Aegon Targaryen, heir to the iron throne thing is going to work out

should Bran even be telling him that shit?

also fan theories are wank. bran isn't the night king, and tyrion isn't a targaryen (probably)

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 08-30-2017 01:21 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

She's going to have to bend the knee while sucking him.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-30-2017 03:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
I don't like how they went about fucking with the audience with the whole scene with arya and sansa with faces if they both were out to get Littlefinger and knew everything they did.

Unless Bran set them straight before one of them killed each other and they left out that scene.

It felt cheap.

I feel like since they diverted from the books, there has been a noticeable drop in the quality of the storytelling. That trick-the-audience scene was bullshit.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-30-2017 03:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:

TBH that's the way I interpreted it, how wrong was i ? :disgust:

I didn't see it as a trick the audience, I seen it as LFs perspective which I was fine with and enjoyed it. The part I am now having problems swallowing is that Sansa and Arya were playing a game with LF despite having the evidence they needed or barely using anything they gained from their little plot.

seremtan wrote:
i'm curious as to how the whole Jon Snow = Aegon Targaryen, heir to the iron throne thing is going to work out

should Bran even be telling him that shit?

If it was still Martin pulling the strings I'd say Dragonlady turns nuts and Jons forced to kill her in a bittersweet thing, the game is over, the realm is safe but at a cost. Cos it's the show they're gonna end up ruling the country with everyone circle jerking over how great they are.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-30-2017 04:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Agreed. My guess is Martin would have killed off several more main characters at this point. But D&D don't have the balls for that. They're too much about fan service...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-30-2017 10:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.avclub.com/a-scene-explainin ... 1798632257
Quote:
As Variety explains, Arya’s animosity towards her sister was real, and its sudden reversal was supposed to be explained away in a scene that was cut from the season-seven finale:

“We actually did a scene that clearly got cut, a short scene with Sansa where she knocks on Bran’s door and says, ‘I need your help,’ or something along those lines,” Isaac Hampstead-Wright, who plays Bran on the show, says. “So basically, as far as I know, the story was that it suddenly occurred to Sansa that she had a huge CCTV department at her discretion and it might be a good idea to check with him first before she guts her own sister. So she goes to Bran, and Bran tells her everything she needs to know, and she’s like, ‘Oh, shit.’”

So, basically, Arya really did intend to kill Sansa, but changed her mind when Sansa offered up Littlefinger’s throat for the slitting instead. And Bran knew, because he knows everything, but wasn’t going to say anything until Sansa asked. And the show meant to explain all of this, but cut it in favor of Jon Snow’s butt. Silver linings, we guess.

Son of a bitch.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-30-2017 11:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That explains a lot storytelling wise, but why didn't they persist this storyline?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 12:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

do the writers and editors not speak to each other on this show or what?

Shambolic
Shambolic
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 12:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Editors generally have very little, if any input as to what goes in to an episode of TV. The director generally dictates what needs to be seen and the editors stitch it together. I've sat in on enough edits to know that truly creative editors that are treated on equal terms and that can influence narrative are an incredibly rare thing.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 04:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so it was the director who fucked up by leaving out scenes that were crucial to getting the story right?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 04:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If they had shown the Sansa/Bran scene, then they couldn't have given us that "What!?" moment when Sansa hands out the accusations to Littlefinger. I would have preferred the former, but show runners think we need that oh shit moment...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-31-2017 08:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Could've just had a quick scene of Bran saying he wants to show Arya something and left it at that. Subtlety that doesn't make the plot twist obvious, but covers up the plothole. You would then assume he showed all the horrible things Sansa had to endure to survive and prove her Stark loyalty. Would've also made more sense in the scene by the castle wall where Arya admitted she couldn't have survived what Sansa went through.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.