Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The Mandalorian

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: The Mandalorian

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-28-2019 01:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Worthy of its own topic and I have only seen episode 1.

Just read here mention in Twitter that The Mandalorian is getting another season :up:

Anyone else watching?

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-28-2019 03:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nope, I'm not really into the Star Wars universe. Plus I don't need to get another subscription service for media, there's already too many out there. That being said, I may pick up HBO for a month so I can take a look at The Watchmen and get caught up on Silicon Valley. :paranoid:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-28-2019 10:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Nope, I'm not really into the Star Wars universe. Plus I don't need to get another subscription service for media, there's already too many out there. That being said, I may pick up HBO for a month so I can take a look at The Watchmen and get caught up on Silicon Valley. :paranoid:

I really don't mind Star Wars but prefer Trek :)

I must watch the Star Wars movies in the right order as I have trouble understanding where some characters evolve from.
There is a webpage somewhere that explains where the original trilogy fits in.. Another day perhaps but I am enjoying The Mandalorian this far.

Now a question. I Googled the show 'Silicon Valley' as I'd never heard of it. Is it this one from the Wiki?
Quote:
.... Silicon Valley is an American comedy television series created by Mike Judge, John Altschuler and Dave Krinsky, that premiered on April 6, 2014, on HBO.....

...and as to subscription TV, I haven't needed to date...... ...

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 12-29-2019 10:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, the show's done a pretty good job of poking fun at the culture of silicon valley.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-29-2019 08:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Episodes 2 & 3 down & dusted :up: and I am enjoying. I have spoken.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-29-2019 10:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

...enjoying episode 4 but about to cook dinner here tonight a chicken green curry, a specialty :) better pause.

The fuct one!
The fuct one!
PostPosted: 12-30-2019 11:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I like it. Just finished the season on Friday.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 12-30-2019 01:15 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Now that all the episodes are available, I think I’ll subscribe to the 7 day free trial of Disney+. I’ll be able to binge The Mandalorian and then ditch the subscription...

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 12-30-2019 01:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Now that all the episodes are available, I think I’ll subscribe to the 7 day free trial of Disney+. I’ll be able to binge The Mandalorian and then ditch the subscription...

Good idea - the second season won't start until fall of 2020 and you should be able to watch all 8 episodes in about 4 hours.

They keep adding more movies every week and once the rest of the Marvel stuff comes off of Netflix it will on D+ as well.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 12-31-2019 08:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Disney plus is complete and utter crap... Lol it's so bad I almost feel sorry for the morons...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 12-31-2019 10:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just finished episode 8 and my opinion for what it's worth, well done :up:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 12-31-2019 11:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:
Disney plus is complete and utter crap... Lol it's so bad I almost feel sorry for the morons...

oh my, people really got screwed out of their....*checks bill*.....7 dollars.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 01-01-2020 11:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

shaft wrote:
scared? wrote:

oh my, people really got screwed out of their....*checks bill*.....7 dollars.

A month on top of all the other services.....netflix, hulu, amazon prime, this and that, the other, yada yada,..... Yeah, several subscriptions a month add up. Don't pretend like they don't. And everyone bitched about cable. It's half the price of individual subscription services tallied together.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 01-01-2020 11:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh, and also, Netflix started out at less than $8 a month. Now it's $12.95ish. Hmmmm

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 01-01-2020 11:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-01-2020 11:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
Oh, and also, Netflix started out at less than $8 a month. Now it's $12.95ish. Hmmmm

There are other ways I believe :idea:

Aneurysm
Aneurysm
PostPosted: 01-02-2020 05:47 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Scourge wrote:
A month on top of all the other services.....netflix, hulu, amazon prime, this and that, the other, yada yada,..... Yeah, several subscriptions a month add up. Don't pretend like they don't. And everyone bitched about cable. It's half the price of individual subscription services tallied together.

What do other services have to do with it? None of those are a precondition to spending $7 for a month of Disney+.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.