Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        no coronavirus thread ?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: no coronavirus thread ?

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 01-27-2020 12:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

nature keepin' the balance :olo:

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-27-2020 01:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Make one wonder sometimes.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 01-27-2020 02:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lolavirus... :olo: ....

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 01-27-2020 03:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i see loads of Chinese people every day and wonder why'd they pick now not to wear those fucking stupid surgical masks everywhere they go :disgust:

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 01-27-2020 03:33 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I’d like to hear feedback’s opinion on this...

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-27-2020 07:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's being delivered to him via penis as we speak.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-27-2020 06:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lolavirus... The gift that keeps on giving... :olo: ...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-27-2020 09:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

one month later and now the Kung Flu is everywhere :dts:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-27-2020 10:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I know someone in north Italy with it. He’s off work with his feet up. Says it’s like mild flu.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-27-2020 12:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Mild for some, fatal for others :tear:
I saw a figure somewhere that is many times more deadly than the 'common flu'.

Here it is

Quote:
In the study published Feb. 18 in the China CDC Weekly, researchers found a death rate from COVID-19 to be around 2.3% in mainland China. That's much higher than the death rate linked to flu, which is typically around 0.1% in the U.S., according to The New York Times.

Source

Blockheaded Blubberboy
Blockheaded Blubberboy
PostPosted: 02-27-2020 07:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you're old and weak or poor and remote, you're probably going to die.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-27-2020 08:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wasn't the Spanish flu mortality rate 2% as well?...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-27-2020 09:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

5 free DOOM 3 shirts for anyone here who creates a cure for the sumyungchikflu. Free shipping...

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-27-2020 10:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:

:confused: A reasonable question posed. Are you OK scared?

Yes, seems you're right too.

Click

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-27-2020 10:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

YourGrandpa wrote:
If you're old and weak or poor and remote, you're probably going to die.

So basically you and your mongrel cousins are fucked...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-27-2020 10:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is how stupid the shit and people are... Dumbass 60 yo male leaves California to goto his girlfriends in Shanghai for 16 days. Starts to feel ill, somehow gets on a plane back to California where he goes about life at home in Sacramento and becomes sicker. So 5 days later he’s still feeling horrible and yet says nothing. His employer sends him on a sales assignment in Texas in which he once again boards a plane very ill then lands and gets an Uber to his hotel for 4 days where on the fourth day he’s absolutely dying and decides to get a rental car to drive himself to an ER in Houston. The hospital he goes to won’t accept him in his condition after sitting in an extremely busy waiting room with 34 people. The hospital offers him a secure ambulance ride to another hospital better equipped to deal with his condition and off he goes. So now the paper trail of everything and every place or person this idiot was around is being investigated. Absolutely insane.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-27-2020 10:38 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

scared? wrote:

Spanish flu was much worse in absolute numbers because pretty much everyone got infected.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-27-2020 10:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-27-2020 10:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TOVE wrote:
https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

:up:

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 02-28-2020 05:50 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey 7 wrote:
Mild for some, fatal for others :tear:
I saw a figure somewhere that is many times more deadly than the 'common flu'.

Here it is

Quote:
In the study published Feb. 18 in the China CDC Weekly, researchers found a death rate from COVID-19 to be around 2.3% in mainland China. That's much higher than the death rate linked to flu, which is typically around 0.1% in the U.S., according to The New York Times.

Source

Well, of course the death rate is lower for common flu, when there are tons of vaccines to it. Common flu is quite old and well known, but coronavirus was discovered quite recently and there's no conventional cure to this virus (and of course no vaccine at all). Sure it's going to kill more people until a cure and vaccine is discovered. There's simply no way to weaken the virus to get vaccine yet. The immunity system has to develop immunity to the virus. Kids and old people are pretty much weak and easily killed by the virus.

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 02-28-2020 06:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

As of 10 hours ago...

There are currently 44,014 active cases worldwide, with 8,452 of those being in serious or critical condition. There have also been 36,498 recovered cases released from the hospital and 2,856 deaths, for a total of 83,370 cases. That leaves a mortality rate of 3.43 percent and a recovery rate of 43 percent.

3.43% is fucking high... We're dead...

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 02-28-2020 07:09 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It only kills kids and elders, who have weaker immunity system and need little help. Healthy adults with okay immunity should be fine...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-28-2020 12:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kill it with alcohol and actually washing yout fucking hands.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-28-2020 01:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the mortality rate may be low but anyone who's ever had flu (i.e. me) will tell you it sucks big sweaty donkey balls

vomiting up everything you eat or drink and practically taking up permanent residence on the porcelain throne and shitting liquid for a week isn't fun

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 02-28-2020 01:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:
the mortality rate may be low but anyone who's ever had flu (i.e. me) will tell you it sucks big sweaty donkey balls

vomiting up everything you eat or drink and practically taking up permanent residence on the porcelain throne and shitting liquid for a week isn't fun

I don't remember leaking from both orifices last I had the flu. Sounds like gastroenteritis.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-28-2020 02:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Diarrhea and vomiting are two things I’ve never had with the severe flu. Definitely had to be some sort of gastric issue.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 02-28-2020 02:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah that sounds more like norovirus.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-28-2020 02:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
Yeah that sounds more like norovirus.

:up:

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 02-28-2020 03:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So does that make Geoff's word vomit the no u virus?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 02-28-2020 06:24 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

I currently have the flu and I’m not shitting or puking. Symptoms are fever (102F), aches, chills, sore throat, cough, headache...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-28-2020 09:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
seremtan wrote:

I currently have the flu and I’m not shitting or puking. Symptoms are fever (102F), aches, chills, sore throat, cough, headache...

That sucks bud, hope you get better soon. :(

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 02-29-2020 02:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

seremtan wrote:

I've had proper flu and I spent a week in bed shivering while sweating. No brown laser show or vomming here; you sure you didn't have the aids?

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-29-2020 04:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CZghost wrote:
It only kills kids and elders, who have weaker immunity system and need little help. Healthy adults with okay immunity should be fine...

A 9 month old recovered from it.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 02-29-2020 04:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

btw, its a Dem hoax anyway so GGs.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 02-29-2020 07:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don Carlos wrote:
seremtan wrote:

I've had proper flu and I spent a week in bed shivering while sweating. No brown laser show or vomming here; you sure you didn't have the aids?

"brown laser show" :olo:

might have been AIDS from fucking geoff

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.