Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Dystopian America

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Dystopian America

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-01-2020 11:23 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That video is one of the most shocking and scary things I've seen. And on Twitter there's still people replying by saying how the protestors are bringing this down on themselves and how it's a good thing they're being forcibly removed by police. Wtf.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-02-2020 12:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If I had to put money on the one thing that gets him out it's this.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-02-2020 03:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hands down one of the most fucked up things I've seen yet. Police open fire on a woman recording from her patio. They don't give a flying fuck anymore.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bad_Cop_No_Don ... urce=share

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-02-2020 04:31 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There’s reports of a pregnant woman losing her baby after being kicked by police.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 06-02-2020 04:51 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Isnt the second amendment there in part to help the countries people rise up against a tyrannical government? Nows your chance, people...

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-02-2020 04:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

orange fuckboy is now talking about using the military in a policing capacity

does he think Posse Comitatus is a hip-hop group?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-02-2020 07:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
But in a chilling testimony, a Palestinian rights activist said that when she saw the image of Derek Chauvin kneeling on Mr Floyd’s neck, she was reminded of the Israeli forces’ policing of the occupied territories.

Neta Golan, the co-founder of International Solidarity Movement (ISM) said: “When I saw the picture of killer cop Derek Chauvin murdering George Floyd by leaning in on his neck with his knee as he cried for help and other cops watched, I remembered noticing when many Israeli soldiers began using this technique of leaning in on our chest and necks when we were protesting in the West Bank sometime in 2006.

https://morningstaronline.co.uk/article ... techniques

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 06-02-2020 07:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
There’s reports of a pregnant woman losing her baby after being kicked by police.

That was from an event that took place last year. It's gaining traction on the news due to the lawsuit currently in progress.

On a more positive side of things, DC man shelters 60 protesters overnight in his home as they were corralled and beaten in front of his house. Also, twitter video of home owner Rahul speaking during the standoff while he provided shelter and the police requested entry (to which he refused).

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-02-2020 10:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Oh good... the orange POTUS is calling for military deployments to stop protests even if against the wishes of states and cities. Orange toupee lectured about the rule of law as soldiers forced back peaceful protestors and media crews so that he could do a photo op at a church. This is all about to get a whole lot worse.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-pro ... -1.5593413

Footage of Washington non-violent protestors and media cameraman getting assaulted by charging riot officers.

https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/stat ... 08032?s=09

The photo-op:

https://twitter.com/bad_takes/status/12 ... 46593?s=20

Just to bottomline it
He teargassed a priest and her staff helping people so he could stand in front of the church for a photo

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 06-02-2020 11:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Reporter: Is that your bible?

Agent Orange: It's a bible.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-02-2020 12:50 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't know if the narrative below is correct, no way for me to verify, but as been confirmed by various people.
Quote:
A crowd of thousands marched up Capitol Hill after being told to go the the East Precinct. The police invited them there, and coordinated with organizers. They also blocked off all sidestreets so protesters couldn't leave if they wanted to. When the march arrived at the precinct, police officers stood with protesters and kneeled with them. Then, after they had all the photos they wanted, they began gassing and macing the still-peaceful crowd.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/Seattle/commen ... _the_east/

Also, this video of an incident at Seattle is clearly showing cops being the aggressors: https://v.redd.it/wji0npndgf251

Edit: close-up of the umbrella grab that started it: https://mobile.twitter.com/izaacmellow/ ... 68161?s=21

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 06-02-2020 01:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Full length video (Facebook link).

The cops definitely swapped out the bike officers with officers in riot gear at about 26 minutes in.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 06-02-2020 01:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-02-2020 02:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Meanwhile the white dude yelling "fuck you" and getting in the cops' faces is allowed to stay. :rolleyes:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-02-2020 10:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:

And all of those cops just standing there, trembling in fear of their superiors, too apathic to stand up against injustice like this.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-02-2020 10:31 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sounds like a great idea
Quote:
David Grossman, the retired lieutenant turned motivational speaker that specializes in training police officers to kill with less hesitation, is coming to Kansas City. For the low price of $269, Kansas City officers can attend his “BulletProof” seminar on December 10th and 11th of this year.

Grossman, author of “On Killing,” is known around the world for training police with his warrior-style “killogy” (seriously, this is real) discipline which he describes as “the scholarly study of the destructive act”. His whole philosophy centers on the idea that all police encounters need to be treated as inherently dangerous and that officers should be ready to kill without hesitation.

https://www.thepitchkc.com/seminar-on-t ... -december/

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-02-2020 10:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Disrespecting a police officer in America is the worst crime you can commit, especially as a black man.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-03-2020 02:44 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transient wrote:
Disrespecting a police officer in America is the worst crime you can commit, especially as a black man.

Saying they're not enemies and should be friends. Such disrespect.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-03-2020 05:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You have to understand that cops (and soldiers) in North America have tiny tiny tiny brains and micropenises. They will overreact at the slightest hint that they're not being respected or feared.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-03-2020 11:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/news ... iot-ninjas

Quote:
Police forces and jails and prisons have always attracted some bullies and criminals, and the stress and danger of their jobs brutalizes others. The populations that are means-tested and policed often feel under siege while those doing the means-testing and policing can feel disrespected and endangered.

Thus the kindling accumulates until it is ignited by some incident at the interface between the urban public sector and the urban poor. Usually a police killing or beating triggers an eruption of protest in a hub city.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 06-03-2020 05:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-03-2020 08:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
If I had to put money on the one thing that gets him out it's this.

I'd like to agree with you but I think the US is on a fucking collision course with November and it ain't gunna be pretty.

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 06-03-2020 08:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pandemic + Protests + Presidential Election

What could go wrong?

Welfare Recipient
Welfare Recipient
PostPosted: 06-03-2020 08:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

George Floyd had covid... Lol?...

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-03-2020 11:36 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I bet officer Charles is masturbating furiously over all these displays of excessive police force.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-04-2020 03:41 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-04-2020 06:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
I bet officer Charles is masturbating furiously over all these displays of excessive police force.

He's more upset about all the tits he could've grabbed during the commotion

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 06-05-2020 07:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Elderly man was returning a helmet to an officer who was then shoved by police and falls (GRAPHIC WARNING), serious head injury bleeding from ears. Police just walk right over him as if nothing happened, leaving national guardsmen to check up on him.

Wonder what Whiskey thinks of this one: Police union refuses to ID police officer who beat the shit out of an Australian TV cameraman and his reporter in D.C. as Trump was nearby taking his photo op at a church. Lots of lies from the police surrounding the events:

Claiming that projectiles were thrown at police - It's on video, there were no projectiles. Police charged a peaceful demonstration without warning.

"The Australian crew “may have fallen,” and that because of the loud noise and the “lack of readily identifiable journalist markings,” Brace and Myers were not “readily indistinguishable from violent protesters,” Spencer said." - TV crew had press badges, a shoulder mounted camera and a foot-long microphone.

Homeless man in wheelchair shot in eye by rubber bullet. (GRAPHIC) BTW, there have been multiple instances of people losing an eye during these protests due to rubber bullets, including a news reporter.

16-year-old kid gets shot through the skull with a "less-lethal" bean-bag shotgun projectile, suffers severe brain injuries. Another 20-year-old was also shot in the head same day at another incident. A pregnant woman was shot in the stomach.

Bean bags and rubber bullets can be lethal, and can severely maim a victim. Tear gas and pepper spray are banned chemical weapons by the Geneva Convention, yet they are used on civilians.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-05-2020 08:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

They probably think because they weren't using actual guns that they're doing good.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-05-2020 09:30 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, Trump thinks George Floyd would be proud of the job numbers...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 51426.html

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-05-2020 09:32 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gramps sure does seem uncharacteristically silent on this whole issue...

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-05-2020 09:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mrd wrote:
I'd like to agree with you but I think the US is on a fucking collision course with November and it ain't gunna be pretty.

If he gets through with deploying the military against protestors (civilians) during these times, will he use the same tactics when he looses the election in November and not accept the results?
It would be a coup d'état.
It could actually lead to an all-out civil war.

Even 2 years ago I would have laughed this off but it has shifted into the realm of possibility by now.

Edit: I see Transient already posted similar ideas on June 2nd in the corona-thread.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 06-05-2020 10:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whiskey left the forum, kinda like Nightshade when his pro-gun bullshit was called out and he threw a hissy fit.

Lead Pipe Mafia
Lead Pipe Mafia
PostPosted: 06-05-2020 10:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Really? I must have missed that... Kinda lame to just leave when people disagree with you, if that was the case I'd have been gone loooong ago..

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-05-2020 10:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I forgot about Nightshade...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.