Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 11-22-2008 01:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How to Lose Friends & Alienate People

Yeah, in this flick Simon Pegg is semi-funny, and Megan Fox is semi-hot, and Jeff Bridges is semi-cool-bossy, and Kirsten Dunst is semi-the-girl-you-really-should-focus-on.
But the plot is full on Hollywood crap.

At 2/3 of the movie Kirsten Dunst's character tells Simon Pegg's character: Fuck off, I'm going to stay with the more succesful guy, no matter how much we connect and like the same music and shit, or whatever.
End of movie, that's how life is. No need to get bitter.

But no, then you have to sit through a half hour of unfeasible changes of events bringing them together and ending up with eachother.

For fuck sake Hollywood, please, for once, try to discharge something from your infested, stretched anus that isn't the same predictable, crowd pleasing garbage.

Do the chickens have large talons?
Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 11-22-2008 02:53 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CaseDogg wrote:
LMFAO, that's the one, my bad. i just wake and baked and i fucked up the name.

yeah shit was funny, i loved when ben stiller was funny across the brindge with the little kid stabbing him and he throws the baby off the bridge, LMAO!

i think i mixed the name up with "ghost recon, desert seige, island thunder" lol. =)

just giving you a hard time :)

"do you want the map? do you? well you can't have cuz he gave it to me."

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 11-22-2008 03:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Plan B wrote:
...that isn't the same predictable, crowd pleasing garbage.

It may suck for some but crowd pleasing makes money so Hollywood will keep churning out those type of movies. They aren't looking to elevate cinema, they're looking to the bottom line. Hollywood film is business, plain and simple.

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 11-23-2008 08:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tormentius wrote:
Plan B wrote:
...that isn't the same predictable, crowd pleasing garbage.

It may suck for some but crowd pleasing makes money so Hollywood will keep churning out those type of movies. They aren't looking to elevate cinema, they're looking to the bottom line. Hollywood film is business, plain and simple.

Yeah, I know, and I'm not trying to pretend I'm not equally pleased by generic Hollywood plot twists and turns. Because I am. It feels familiar, and warm and fuzzy.
Catering to the lowest common denominator is a logical thing to do, because that's where all the money is likely to come from.
But sometimes you get appalled by the blatant laziness and the lack of balls that are apparent in a script, and you just wish things weren't played safe and only focused on box office revenue.

get ready for the sucker punch!
PostPosted: 11-23-2008 09:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
CaseDogg wrote:
LMFAO, that's the one, my bad. i just wake and baked and i fucked up the name.

yeah shit was funny, i loved when ben stiller was funny across the brindge with the little kid stabbing him and he throws the baby off the bridge, LMAO!

i think i mixed the name up with "ghost recon, desert seige, island thunder" lol. =)

just giving you a hard time :)

"do you want the map? do you? well you can't have cuz he gave it to me."

that shit was hilarious!

PostPosted: 11-23-2008 09:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

...also saw The Strangers. Liked it, it was very suspenseful.

God
God
PostPosted: 11-25-2008 05:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quantum of Solace: 7/10

I'd say it was the best Bond since Golden Eye.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 11-25-2008 06:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

andyman wrote:
Grudge wrote:
Training day - 7/10

Very good, but doesn't quite reach great. At it's best the first time you see it, which is a shame. Dr Dre's performance it so-so, but Macy Gray is excellent.

Watch Harsh Times, that's a good one

Harsh Times screwed with my head. I'm starting to think Christian Bale must be at least partially insane in real life.

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 11-25-2008 07:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quantum of Solace. I'd say 6/10, maybe 6.5

Linux Version
Linux Version
PostPosted: 11-25-2008 12:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Madagascar 2.

Image / 10.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-25-2008 03:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

let the right one in. The whole swimming pool scene at the end was fucking mint.

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 11-25-2008 04:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jackal wrote:

WTF? It wasn't bad but the camera direction with the quick action cuts was terrible. Would have been 100% better if they didn't have a spaz director.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 11-25-2008 04:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
Jackal wrote:

WTF? It wasn't bad but the camera direction with the quick action cuts was terrible. Would have been 100% better if they didn't have a spaz director.

I agree on this point entirely.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 11-25-2008 10:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

aw is it spazzy like the bourne movies? :(

I was looking forward to seeing it, but maybe I'll wait til it's out on dvd.

The Nightmare Before Christmas 3D:
I bought this a long, long time ago on vhs, but I hadn't seen a 3D movie before.
8/10 even if my 3D glasses were a little dirty...

it's also the only movie I've ever been to where only the two of us were the entire audience. everyone else was in the midnight showing of twilight. lol nerds
*high-five*

no homo
no homo
PostPosted: 11-25-2008 11:14 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jackal wrote:

lmfao

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-26-2008 01:07 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ctrljuke wrote:
aw is it spazzy like the bourne movies? :(

I was looking forward to seeing it, but maybe I'll wait til it's out on dvd.

The Nightmare Before Christmas 3D:
I bought this a long, long time ago on vhs, but I hadn't seen a 3D movie before.
8/10 even if my 3D glasses were a little dirty...

it's also the only movie I've ever been to where only the two of us were the entire audience. everyone else was in the midnight showing of twilight. lol nerds
*high-five*

arent u banned?

God
God
PostPosted: 11-26-2008 05:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
feedback wrote:

I agree on this point entirely.

Me too. Despite that, 7/10.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 11-26-2008 05:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, QoS wasn't a bad effort, but CR was a lot better IMHO.

Still, bond girls in the new one > bond girls in the last one.

I just hope the next Bond has Q popping up from underwater wearing some kind of Hippo mask, and gives the keys over to an invisible Aston, which has rocket launchers in the wheels...

Or at least, give him a bloody cool watch :( Its not Bond without SOME gadgets...

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-26-2008 09:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you just don't get it, do you.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 11-26-2008 09:34 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:rolleyes:

Linux Version
Linux Version
PostPosted: 11-26-2008 11:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I haven't seen a bond movie since that annoying one with the hacker who got doused with liquid nitrogen or whatever. The series is just lame now.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 11-26-2008 11:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well you might like the two new films.

They've re-made Bond after the the 2nd to last film had an invisible car, which I think was a wake up call and also the reason o'didums is a moron.

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 11-26-2008 11:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no u?

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 11-26-2008 03:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Doombrain wrote:
o'didums

That's good.

BTW New Bond is excellent.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 11-27-2008 08:04 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i havent seen the new bond movie but i dont like bond anyway but id say this one would be better if they actually changed something about 007 bond i like dr no

He's Super
He's Super
PostPosted: 11-27-2008 09:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LOL

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 11-28-2008 12:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LOL

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 11-28-2008 01:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

troll?

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 11-28-2008 01:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

a moron either way

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 11-28-2008 09:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

happy go lucky - good stuff. Recommend this as a date movie also.

Rationalis
Rationalis
PostPosted: 11-28-2008 10:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tropic Thunder: 6/10 The best work Tom Cruise has ever done, full stop.

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 11-28-2008 10:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Therac-25 wrote:
I haven't seen a bond movie since that annoying one with the hacker who got doused with liquid nitrogen or whatever. The series is just lame now.

why would you stop there? that was goldeneye and it was pretty good. the ones after that i can understand why you would stop watching.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 11-28-2008 11:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Transporter 3 - 6.5/10

Exactly what I expected. No disappointments. I came for a cheesy action flick and received a cheesy action flick with a male stripper.

Could use more action and less romance/stripping but I got exactly what I paid for. I'm still not sure if it's worth adding to the shelves though.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 11-29-2008 02:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

transporter3 would be 6.0/10 i agree

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 11-29-2008 02:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bank Job 8/10 A good heist flick loosely based on the Great Baker Street Robbery of 1971. This is one of Jason Statham's better roles since Guy Ritchie's earlier movies.

Kung Fu Panda - 7/10 Good kids movie with some laughs for any age.

88 minutes - 5/10 It was decent but not amazing by any stretch. The plot build-up started well but the ending turned out to be rather anti-climactic. On the plus side much of it was shot in my home city so picking out local buildings and scenery added some extra entertainment.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.