Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 12-30-2010 09:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tooth Fairy - lol rock/lol dwayne, was a pretty decent family flick, the kids enjoyed it.

How to Train Your Dragon - same as above, but I'll give it 8/10 since I also rather liked it by default since it involved Mother Fucking Vikings.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 12-30-2010 02:49 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bam! wrote:
How to Train Your Dragon - same as above, but I'll give it 8/10 since I also rather liked it by default since it involved Mother Fucking Vikings.

Same rating here. My kids loved it and anything with vikings is good by me.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 12-30-2010 02:59 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

God Grew Tired of Us: The Story of Lost Boys of Sudan 9/10

An incredible documentary about the Lost Boys of South Sudan who fled their homes in the '80s during the civil war. The film follows their story from a UN camp in East Africa to the USA and the struggles they faced in adapting to a completely different culture.

The Town 9/10
The Joneses 7/10
Fanboys 6/10 This is a must-see for Star Wars fans
The Other Guys 5/10
The Expendables 2/10 The dialogue was awful, even by 80s action standards
Yogi Bear 3D - 5/10 Kids liked it and it wasn't the worst I've seen this year
Survival of the Dead 1/10 Romero wtf happened to you?!
Due Date 4/10 The few funny scenes were in the previews
Salt 6/10
Despicable Me 7/10
Scott Pilgrim vs the World 9/10
Mirrors 2 - 5/10
The Last Airbender 2/10
Machete 8/10
Warlords 9/10
Resident Evil: Afterlife 4/10
Splice 5/10
Furry Vengeance 0.5/10
30 Days of Night: Dark Days 1/10
War Photographer 10/10 Awesome documentary about James Nachtwey's work.

Last edited by Tormentius on 12-30-2010 04:27 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 12-30-2010 03:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You rated "Fanboys" higher than "The Other Guys"?

You, sir, are a homosexual.

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 12-30-2010 04:25 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
You rated "Fanboys" higher than "The Other Guys"?

You, sir, are a homosexual.

I'm not really a Will Ferrell fan. Fanboys was hilarious for the extreme nerdiness of the characters.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 12-30-2010 04:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Defiance - 7/10 - good stuff, even with Daniel Craig's fake generic east european accent
The International - 4/10 - weak shit. clive owen can't carry a movie by himself. fact

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 12-30-2010 10:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Black Swan - 9/10 - quite good. was a nice combination of creepy and hot. probably not for everyone though... i mean, it's about ballet.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 01-02-2011 02:06 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

X-Files: I Want To Believe - 6/10

It's like a long X-Files episode. Not exceptionally good, but not terrible either.

Madman Philosophy
Madman Philosophy
PostPosted: 01-02-2011 02:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Invictus

9/10

Only got a nine 'cuase aint nobody gonna pay attention tuh the lesson.. or the words... or the sentiment....

:tear:

Madman Philosophy
Madman Philosophy
PostPosted: 01-02-2011 02:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yer all a bunch of slaves!!!!!! :miffed:

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 01-02-2011 03:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

moron

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 01-04-2011 11:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Piranha

Pretty shit movie, but obviously intentionally so, so I could appreciate it for what it was.
Lots of tits, lots of (CGI) gore, and lots of "we're gonna make a sequel".

I like the low brow honesty.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-04-2011 12:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The A Team (extended cut). Never saw the theatrical release but this one was all over the place. 6/10

plained
plained
PostPosted: 01-04-2011 01:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

el topo

man that was a really kind of unique film!

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-04-2011 04:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Two Escobars - good watch 8.5/10

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1522863/

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 01-04-2011 07:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The American = 5/10 - A very boring assassin movie that tries to build paranoia and suspense but should have focused on keeping the audience awake. It started out great when the protagonist was forced to kill his girlfriend about 3 minutes into the movie but it began to suck right after this and never recovered. Everybody dies in the end. Oops...spoiler alert. No problem...you won't miss anything by skipping this movie.

The Last Airbender = 3/10 - WTF is this shit? I turned it off about 2/3rds through because something came up but I never cared enough to get back and finish it. Then I found later on that it's an M. Night Shyamalan movie which explained why it sucked so hard.

I got a "Sci-Fi Four Pack" for christmas and each and every movie within the DVD set was horrendous in every aspect from acting, audio, VFX, editing and writing:

"The Black Hole" (not the Disney classic)
"Final Days Of Planet Earth"
"The Last Sentinel"
"Supernova" (not the one with James Spader...which also sucked)

They're all from the same crappy production company (prolly made-for-tv filler on the Sci-Fi channel) and all of these "movies" get a 3/10. Next christmas I'm going to give my aunt who bought me this DVD set a dead cat inside a used vomit bag.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 01-04-2011 10:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tron 6.5/10 very dry. the entire movie felt like it was posing for a camera shot.

Internet is serious business
Internet is serious business
PostPosted: 01-04-2011 10:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^^ watching the way the main character walks makes me want to brain him

The fighter - 8/10

christian bale is fucking insane, i would never do what he does for a part
wahlberg is still the man

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 01-05-2011 06:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i respect that the most about him. He did "the machinist" right before he had to beef up for "Batman Begins"

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 01-05-2011 05:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

feedback wrote:
^^ watching the way the main character walks makes me want to brain him

lol....I said "wtf" whenever he walked as well. Something large must be up that man's ass.

The Tourist = 3/10 - Not the first movie that I've guessed the entire plot long before actually seeing. If you don't see "the twist" coming about 3 minutes into the film then you have no higher brain functions and should stick to sniffing glue. The director keeps dangling this "twist" throughout the movie until the "big reveal" in the final 5 minutes...I guess he thinks all audience members are complete retards. Johnny Depp simply could not save this film from being the dire shit that it is.

True Grit = 7/10 - Jeff Bridges is his usual awesome and Matt Damon - after all these years - finally sounds as retarded as his "MATT DAMON!!!" character in Team America. Mind you it was because his character nearly bit his tongue off, but it was still apropos and long overdue. My only real gripe with this film was that the climax moment of the movie was "over-written" and lessened its own impact by adding more drama the instant after the big payoff... akin to "too much spice ruined the sauce". Oh well. Other than that it's a solid Western and well worth watching.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 01-05-2011 05:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LawL wrote:
I'd just like to say that Machete is pretty much the greatest movie of the modern era.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eUZ0-_6LqY

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 01-06-2011 11:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Inception 7/10

Don't know why everyone is so extatic about this.
Pretty much the same stuff to, once again, remind us how we tend to mix up fiction with reality, ala the matrix.
But it's an ok watch.

Madman Philosophy
Madman Philosophy
PostPosted: 01-06-2011 06:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tsakali wrote:
Tron 6.5/10 very dry. the entire movie felt like it was posing for a camera shot.

That was the style of the first one, wasn't it? It seemed to help with the continuity.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 01-06-2011 07:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Outlander - 7.9/10

How can you possibly go wrong with Aliens, Vikings and Ron Perlman?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-06-2011 07:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bam! wrote:
How can you possibly go wrong with Aliens, Vikings and Ron Perlman?

Outlander.

Tap, Nap, or Snap
Tap, Nap, or Snap
PostPosted: 01-07-2011 07:10 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Bounty Hunter 5/10

Meh. Jennifer Aniston keeps getting hotter and hotter, but the movie overall was predictable and fairly blah. Some funny moments, but that's pretty much it. I think a 5 is generous and I likely only rated it that highly because it's about a guy hauling his ex-wife to jail, which is a large fantasy of mine, albeit with a markedly different outcome than the film had.

edit: Started watching UHF with my daughter on Wednesday night, going to finish it this weekend. This is one of my favorite stupid movies and she loves it so far. Also going to watch Avahontas/Smurfatar with her this weekend. I'm betting she'll like it more than I will...

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 01-07-2011 01:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Black Swan = 8/10 - Darren Aronofsky does another great job. A very intense film with a brooding, claustrophobic cinematography style that really helped build tension and apprehension that you sometimes can't help but cringe during some scenes. The best on-screen realization of psychosis since American Psycho. Bonus points for Natalie Portman playing with herself and getting muff-dived by Mila Kunis. This movie proved beyond a doubt that ballet dancers have the ugliest feet in the universe.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 01-07-2011 02:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nightshade wrote:
Started watching UHF with my daughter on Wednesday night, going to finish it this weekend. This is one of my favorite stupid movies and she loves it so far.

The first time I saw UHF I almost fell of the couch laughing. So retarded it's almost perfect.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 01-07-2011 07:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Unstoppable = 2/10 - Tony Scott...please stop making movies. I blame you for pioneering every camera-trucking, zoom-changing bad idea Micheal Bay ever had. Put the camera down and leave cinematography to your brother...someone with infinitely more talent than you.

I'm just going to hazard a guess here but Tony Scott's more-than-prominent splattering of the Fox News logo throughout the film indicates to me that he's probably trying to out-America his protégé (the aforementioned Micheal Bay) who seems to be trying to out-America every other living person on the planet. Fucking hell those two produce such garbage.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 01-08-2011 08:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The King's Speech

clicky and clicky

Staring, Colin Firth, Geoffrey Rush and Helena Bonham Carter

Nominations for Oscars I believe and deservedly so IMO

Excellent entertainment 9/10

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 01-08-2011 08:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Moon 8/10

very low budget but that never got in the way of enjoying this scifi gem. The main engine that drives the storyline is not particularly new, but it purrs unlike anything else. This is a one man show and Sam Rockwell earned a spot with the heavyweights on this one IMO. I never liked him as an actor, but that's probably because he is often used to antagonize our beloved on-screen favorites and has done too good of a job at it. We need more of these in this genre!

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 01-10-2011 01:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

True Grit 7/10

The Coen brothers make films that people find fantastic but usually i find them simply entertaining and not really all that memorable or profound. This is another one of those.
Gets a whole extra point for the Deadwoodish dialogues, which i quite like ("Could you describe the particulars of your acquaintance?" and stuff like that)

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 01-10-2011 02:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, it's a remake you dumbshit.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 01-10-2011 03:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

u mad?

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 01-10-2011 04:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Captain Mazda wrote:
lol, it's a remake you dumbshit.

I know, what makes you think i didn't you cockjuggling thundercunt?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.