Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        The last movie you saw

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: The last movie you saw

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 06-18-2013 03:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol...I can embarrass you again if you like. It'll just be another Tuesday for you.

And if it helps refresh you memory, you usually twaddle at me when you have someone else slagging my reviews because, like a typical Conservative, you can't fight your own battles.

Where's the "douchebag" smiley?

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-18-2013 03:55 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Where's the posts?

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 06-18-2013 03:57 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
Where's the posts?

Dude...just go back 5 pages and read up to this point. You'll find plenty.
You'll also find plenty of posts of me making fun of you getting upset that I don't like stupid movies...and examples of you putting effort and energy into figuring out why I don't like dumb movies.

Oh yeah and you'll also find a few examples where I've asked you direct questions asking for answers of your own dubious claims about me...with you turtling.

You truly are a moron if you think I'm gonna actually dig through and find your idiotic posts. Because that makes baby Jesus cry and you haven't earned any favors.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-18-2013 04:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, that's what I thought...

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 06-18-2013 04:44 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
A friend invited me to an advanced screening of World War Z. It's nothing like the book at all..

This reminded me, I caught John Carter on TV the other night and turned it off after 20 minutes. It was nothing like The Princess of Mars, and I really didn't want it to ruin it for me. I may try it again someday, when I forget the book...

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 06-18-2013 04:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

how about now?

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 06-18-2013 05:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

xer0s wrote:
lol, that's what I thought...

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
And yet another question, but this one more targeted,"Why does it bother xer0s that I don't like the same stupid movies he does?"

You answer this question instead of dodging it again and I'll honestly make the effort to quote every single one of your dumb comments directed at those who actually want a story with their explosions.

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 06-19-2013 06:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Watched Room 237.

A documentary with various analyses and theories about Stanley Kubrick's The Shining.
It's a mixed bag of interesting insights and some crackpot theories. From how certain objects represent cocks to the movie being an analogy for the holocaust.
One guy even goes into detail how Kubrick really was relaying his involvement in staging the Apollo moonlanding through this movie. Crazy thing is, he almost makes it sound plausible.

Definitely entertaining to watch, if you have an interest in Kubrick, or more specifically The Shining.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-19-2013 11:51 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, does goof make an appearance?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 06-20-2013 06:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I started nodding off watching Room 237. There are some interesting historical facts and very intentional symbolism in the film, but it seems as if they started running out of things to present to make a full length documentary and decided to fill the rest of it with tinfoil hats.

foolproof
foolproof
PostPosted: 06-20-2013 07:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, it's not for everyone. You really need to have an invested interest in Kubrick or the movie.
And a lot of the "analyses" are just wtf bullshit idiocy.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 06-20-2013 08:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm actually a Kubrick fan and loved The Shining. It just felt as if they were really reaching on some of the theories just to make it a full documentary instead of a 30 minute feature.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-22-2013 11:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Made in 2009 ..Stars John Cusack & others

Quote:
An epic adventure about a global cataclysm that brings an end to the world and tells of the heroic struggle of the survivors.

IMDB

I don't mind disaster movies in the main but this just didn't cut the mustard

7/10

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-23-2013 01:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

2012 was a giant pile of horse wank. roland emmerich should have been boiled alive in his own piss for making that cheesy dong of a movie

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-23-2013 01:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Battery 8/10

Two baseball fans in a post zombie apocalypse world try to stay alive by trekking around in a wooded depopulated area, taking supplies from houses and moving on. One rather digs the whole survival thing, the other desperately tries to enjoy the few creature comforts that are left. Thought it was rather good, it pretty much nails the whole bleakness thing.

Giving it a whole extra point for a very uncomfortable scene where one of the dudes mastrubates to a somewhat hot female zombie that pushes her tits against a car window trying to get inside... eww.

opa!
opa!
PostPosted: 06-23-2013 02:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

new trailer for Elysium!

The director has triple the budget he had for District 9. Looks like he put it into good use.
August can't come soon enough :drool:

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 06-23-2013 04:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Elysium looks like an awesome film. :cool:

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 06-23-2013 05:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

looks decent

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 06-23-2013 08:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

right up to the point that halfords exoskeleton gets bolted to him.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 06-23-2013 08:44 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Too bad the trailer gives the entire plot away. :down:

ffs

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 06-23-2013 08:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jack the Giant Slayer = 6/10 - Surprisingly decent. A fairly well put together film with a servicable story and high-quality work on display from all the various crafts. Unfortunately it suffers from "modern movie" syndrome in that a perfectly satisfying film simply must end on a huge, epic-scale battle. Seriously...if you watch it, turn it off or walk away as soon as the heroes return back to the ground. If you don't, you'll be subject to 30 minutes of movie-ruining moronics that will make make your good mood turn meh.

An enjoyable 90 minute fantasy movie. Too bad it's nearly 2 hours long.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-23-2013 02:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DTS wrote:
Elysium looks like an awesome film. :cool:

It certainly does :up:

....checks release date.....

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-23-2013 04:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Super duper man of steel - 1 out of 2 testicles

I liked it, everything gets fucked. The bit where he was fighting the tentacles was crap though and some of the fight scenes reminded me of myself playing Batman :]. Thinks they couldve had a continuation from Superman returns too, no need for a complete reboot but it was cool having Zod as a nemesis instead of a rerun with Luther nor reminding us every moment of the film he has a bad reaction to Kryptonite.

Now You See Me - I'll give it a testicle too, just.

The film feels like it's building up to a climax that falls a bit short on expectation imo, bit of a let down.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 06-23-2013 05:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The only thing more awesome than Matt Damon is Jodie Foster.

Just another Earthling
Just another Earthling
PostPosted: 06-23-2013 05:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Another Elysium from IGN here

Still the same release date.

menkent
menkent
PostPosted: 06-24-2013 05:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is the End: not even going to put a number on it. if you liked both Pineapple Express and Dogma, then this is your movie. if not it will be painfully terrible to sit through. definitely not for everyone.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 06-24-2013 04:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Purge = 4/10 - Pretty lame and mostly kinda boring. Lena Headey looks so much hotter as a brunette...I mean holy shit she looks hot as a brunette. Did I mention Lena Headey looks hot as a brunette? All 4 points I gave to this movie was because Lena Headey is really fucking hot as a brunette.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 06-24-2013 04:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I avoid shit television.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 06-24-2013 05:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No excuse to download

Knows you seen Firefly, before it was on DVD of course :ninja:, or game of thrones ?. SCC was quality but fuckers axed it cos people like us avoid the TV :(

Do the chickens have large talons?
Do the chickens have large talons?
PostPosted: 06-26-2013 05:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oblivion

i liked this one, will definitely watch it again.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 06-28-2013 12:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Act of Killing 8/10

A British documentary maker goes to Indonesia to speak to the perpetrators of the 1950-60 genocide. He finds a few of em, astonishingly they all tell him proudly about how they killed people and stole their shit... "Some of them weren't even communists" one guys admits laughing; "We just wanted their things". Most of the former killers are now powerful men in positions of influence, protected by gangsters and the state. They appear to have no regrets at all, actually being quite proud of saving their country from the communists.

So the documentary maker challenges them to recreate the attrocities they commited and film them, in a scene and a genre of their own choosing. He gets the help of a local TV studio and off they go.

The results are completely and utterly fucking mental; we see a twisted musical, a psychotic nightmare scene, a 50's style gangster hollywood scene, etc. It's a sickening mindfuck, though what's interesting is that doing this is for a few of them opening up a floodgate of old wounds... the last scene has one of the perpetrators walking around the area where he and his buddies killed hundreds, dry heaving and becoming utterly distraught. "Have i sinned?" he asks. Well no fucking shit dude.

Powerful, powerful stuff. See this (instead of the latest superhero movie, you uncultured swine).

Last edited by Ryoki on 06-28-2013 12:21 AM, edited 3 times in total.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 06-28-2013 12:17 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
I avoid shit television.

you seem to be an expert on it though.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 06-28-2013 10:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

??? How so?

Why would I watch a show called "Sarah Connor Chronicles"? It's ridiculous simply on its name alone and I could probably safely guess that it's about as cheap as any other Sci-Fi/Space Channel show and there are probably about 2364533 Terminators in it. As I've mentioned before, The Terminator was a horror film with loads of tension and...well...horror, and I'm guessing in the TV show having all those Terminators constantly chasing you episode after episode sorta lessens the tension.

Just a guess TBH but I doubt I'm far off.

Last edited by GONNAFISTYA on 06-28-2013 10:55 AM, edited 1 time in total.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 06-28-2013 10:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm still waiting for xer0s to come out of the closet.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 06-28-2013 05:47 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"The House I Live In" 6/10 . Documentary on the failure of the war on drugs. If you are new to this topic this is a great watch. If you are informed there is not much new here. Read "The New Jim Crow" to get all the stats.

Interesting point on Nixon. He favored spending more on treatment than incarceration. Then RICO brought all the cash to local law enforcement and Big Penal created a massive volume of cells and it was game over. Many law enforcement officers see this as a failure.

Get it at Amazon.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.