Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Is your country Nationalistic?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Is your country Nationalistic?

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 07-02-2005 12:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

State your country and whether or not you think it is Nationalistic and why (or how). Being that I am from America, I have never experienced what it would be like to live in a Nation where the citizens wholey and steadfastedly believe in the solvency of one's own country. I have no domestic identity, please share with me yours... if you have one.

What is Germany like these days?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-02-2005 12:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Australia -- noone really gives a fuck about being nationalistic, everyone's too busy being chillax. The only people who really give a damn about it are people who are uberpatriots in the army and heading overseas, or old war veteran people.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-02-2005 12:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

netherlands -- people are really sober here, nobody is really patriotic but i think many definitely prefer holland over any other.

farmers and peeps from shitholes are the ones that are patriotic, but you have other groups that are totally antipatriotic so it evens out :up:

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 07-02-2005 12:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

England - Most people are very patriotic, just look at all the brits abroad with their flag on their clothes :p

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 07-02-2005 12:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LeonardoP wrote:
netherlands -- people are really sober here, nobody is really patriotic but i think many definitely prefer holland over any other.

farmers and peeps from shitholes are the ones that are patriotic, but you have other groups that are totally antipatriotic so it evens out :up:

quite right.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 07-02-2005 12:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LeonardoP wrote:

same with australia, there doesn't seem to be a great deal of nationalistic attitudes, but there are a very small few who don't believe that Australia is the best place to live.

personally, i don't think i could call any other country home. i wub aussieland, but it's nothing that i'm going to make a fuss about

PostPosted: 07-02-2005 01:04 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GD my friend
We, here in Quebec, Canada, are fighting everyday for our own nation (PS: We, is not including me) I don't think it will ever stop
wasting time and money and arguing about it all the time, when I think that there are so much more important problems to fix on this planet.

...a slim victory of 50.5% for the sovereignists would make the actual attainment of sovereignty very difficult...

Yet they just lost it by the same percentage.

That, I never understood...Why is a .5% sufficient to win.
Like if, while at school you would only need 50.5% to pass your exams?

I am against it BTW, on the contrary, I am dreaming of a whole
united world just as John Lennon was.
Imagine... Where do you live?...Planet Earth.

If you want some reading about it...
http://www.rocler.qc.ca/turp/eng/Intell ... /Intel.htm
Pete

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-02-2005 01:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wales - patriotic

i mean, come off it, one of our guys cut off his own balls after winning a match

rep
rep
PostPosted: 07-02-2005 01:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LeonardoP wrote:

That's because the physical labor class are always the ones to fight wars.

In America farmers fought and won the Revolutionary War, The War of 1812, The Civil War and won. Also in the Civil War was the first big usage of minorities.

Vietnam and the Iraq Wars were fought by a lot of low class farmer boys and blacks.

These families have a strong connection to duty and true valor (See Revolutionary War.) through family history and since for the most part those who are poor stay poor and vice versa, it will always be the same pattern for many families. Every generation will have a war son. The Bankers wouldn't have it any other way.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 07-02-2005 01:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

rep wrote:
LeonardoP wrote:

In America farmers fought and won the Revolutionary War, The War of 1812, The Civil War and won. Also in the Civil War was the first big usage of minorities.

Vietnam and the Iraq Wars were fought by a lot of low class farmer boys and blacks.

These families have a strong connection to duty and true valor (See Revolutionary War.) through family history and since for the most part those who are poor stay poor and vice versa, it will always be the same pattern for many families. Every generation will have a war son. The Bankers wouldn't have it any other way.

you lost the war of 1812

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 07-02-2005 01:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

oh and you half won and half lost the civil war right?

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-02-2005 01:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

rep wrote:
LeonardoP wrote:

blacks and low class farmer boys prolly fought in the vietnam and iraq wars because running through a desert full of crazy gun wielding mufafackas was the only job they were qualified for

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 07-02-2005 02:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm a proud Canadian but I and most Canadians are nationalistic only during hockey games.

I may live in Europe but I love my country. I'm nationalistic when it comes to the US trying to bully or influence Canada too much...I simply don't want it to turn out like the US and it pains me that sometimes our government is the US lapdog.

If there are any people here that think Canada is exactly like the US you are not only clueless but a terrorist as well.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-02-2005 03:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

how comes you moved to europe dude ?

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 07-02-2005 03:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah proud canadian here too. i think canadians are a humble lot in general. we know how good we have it.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-02-2005 03:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
I'm a proud Canadian but I and most Canadians are nationalistic only during hockey games.

I may live in Europe but I love my country. I'm nationalistic when it comes to the US trying to bully or influence Canada too much...I simply don't want it to turn out like the US and it pains me that sometimes our government is the US lapdog.

If there are any people here that think Canada is exactly like the US you are not only clueless but a terrorist as well.

i always imagine Canada being like Sweden only bigger and with mooses.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-02-2005 03:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

as for patriotism, Brit patriotism, especially the English variety, gets on my tits since I associate it EITHER with fat pasty chavs at England internationals waving their gut around like it's something to be proud of OR sunburnt dickheads who get tanked up in Spain and piss off the locals who are usually 100x more civilised than them OR it's the blue blazer monarchists who think the royals are hot shit

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-02-2005 03:41 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeeeeea you tell em

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 07-02-2005 03:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol @ that trafalgar celebration

in germany there's this twisted kind of nationalism:
everyone is proud of germans not beeing nationalistic.
germans are proud of the historic debt to humanity they have due to holocaust - not because they are proud of having killed jews, but because of the moralic advantage they have gained, lol.

bunch of morons if you ask me...

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 07-02-2005 04:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:

Simply cause I wanted to see what it was like.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-02-2005 04:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, how you enjoying your stay ?>

PostPosted: 07-02-2005 06:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Since the utter destruction of the British empire, their continued arrogance has hindered their progress.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 07-02-2005 06:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

so you nationalistic ?

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-03-2005 01:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

GONNAFISTYA wrote:
losCHUNK wrote:

Simply cause I wanted to see what it was like.

now you know it's like Canada but without the mooses

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 07-03-2005 01:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Massive Quasars wrote:
Since the utter destruction of the British empire, their continued arrogance has hindered their progress.

WRONG. British progress is hindered by a combination of selfish materialism (the American disease) and a fearful overweening conservatism (a home-grown disease). Arrogance is the least of Britain's problems.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 07-03-2005 03:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

losCHUNK wrote:
lol, how you enjoying your stay ?>

I'm loving it, of course. :icon26:

seremtan wrote:

now you know it's like Canada but without the mooses

Canadians are more like Europeans than Americans...relatively relaxed.

Banned
Banned
PostPosted: 07-03-2005 04:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

PhoeniX wrote:
England - Most people are very patriotic, just look at all the brits abroad with their flag on their clothes :p

And in England, not the majority but there are a lot, sometimes it's feels like you're being told to fuck off because you're not English. Similar kind of thing in Wales to be fair.

I'm more for asserting your national identity outside of your home country, but not in the arrogant fucking way you get yobs from Britain walking round in their football shirts being pissed up idiots harrassing people and embarrassing the overwhelming majority of British people who aren't total shitheads.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 07-03-2005 05:11 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LeonardoP wrote:

w3rd
another way of putting it; we dont feel the need to plant a national flag on every streetcorner, school, library and deli in the country

rejected
rejected
PostPosted: 07-03-2005 05:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Sweden.... i let Grudge answere this one... :icon31:

God
God
PostPosted: 07-03-2005 05:25 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Canada - only when it comes to beer and hockey.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 07-03-2005 05:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HM-PuFFNSTuFF wrote:
rep wrote:
In America farmers fought and won the Revolutionary War, The War of 1812, The Civil War and won.

you lost the war of 1812

Hey now....don't be changing American history books cause everybody knows that America has won every war it has ever fought...including Vietnam and Iraq....regardless of the real facts.

America always wins...cause they have God on their side.

Necro
Necro
PostPosted: 07-03-2005 05:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

glossy wrote:
Australia -- noone really gives a fuck about being nationalistic, everyone's too busy being chillax. The only people who really give a damn about it are people who are uberpatriots in the army and heading overseas, or old war veteran people.

lmao, youre kidding right?
the ozzie press and nation go fucking ape shit about ANY Australain that wins ANYTHING either in sport,music, movies,ffs they even call kiwis who win things aussies.
its fucking pathetic :icon19:

PostPosted: 07-03-2005 08:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm Canadian, we weren't till the americans started acting like fucking retards and now we have to so that the rest of the world can see we hate the US too.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 07-03-2005 08:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kracus wrote:
I'm Canadian, we weren't till the americans started acting like fucking retards and now we have to so that the rest of the world can see we hate the US too.

Actually...we got serious and burned down the White House during the War of 1812 directly BECAUSE the Americans started acting like fucking retards (they tried - and failed - to invade Canada before the war even started)....so it's been with us ever since.

PostPosted: 07-03-2005 08:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah well tomahawk missles didn't quite have the same punch back then. :dork:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.