Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        america will respond to another 9-11 style attack

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: america will respond to another 9-11 style attack

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 12:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

by launching 'tactical' nukes at iran

http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... le9639.htm

Quote:
The Pentagon, acting under instructions from Vice President Dick Cheney’s office, has tasked the United States Strategic Command (STRATCOM) with drawing up a contingency plan to be employed in response to another 9/11-type terrorist attack on the United States. The plan includes a large-scale air assault on Iran employing both conventional and tactical nuclear weapons. Within Iran there are more than 450 major strategic targets, including numerous suspected nuclear-weapons-program development sites. Many of the targets are hardened or are deep underground and could not be taken out by conventional weapons, hence the nuclear option. As in the case of Iraq, the response is not conditional on Iran actually being involved in the act of terrorism directed against the United States.

yes, thereby confirming the US as the world's leading terrorist state - except that they wouldn't be called that since they're powerful enough to actually change the meanings of english words at will

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 12:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 12:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

TA baby, TA

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 12:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, the jackboot of freedom.

rep
rep
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 12:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Someone on Fox News I believe suggested that the US warn the middle east if we're attacked again that we'll target holy shrines and whatnot.

That sounds like a plan. "We'll destroy Mecca. That'll stop them."

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 01:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I read this article earlier.

I take it as a forewarning that there will be another attack in the States within the next year, unless Israel starts our war with Iran first, or Iran attacks us and gives us a legitimate reason to go to war (yea right).

guru
guru
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 02:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

How reliable is all the information from informationclearinghouse? Just curious...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 02:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

+JuggerNaut+ wrote:
TA baby, TA

fuck yeah!

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 02:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tnf wrote:
How reliable is all the information from informationclearinghouse? Just curious...

You have to look at the source. Most articles on the site aren't written or sourced to InformationClearingHouse.
Although a few are written specifically for the site, most of them are merely reprints of articles from other publications.

This article is from the American Conservative and written by Philip Giraldi, and I don't know much background on either of them.

But the sources of their articles always appear at the very beginning of the article - with a hotlink if the source is online. Here's the original:
http://amconmag.com/2005_08_01/article3.html

eepberries
eepberries
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 03:02 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

When retaliatory nukes fall oon the US: LOL CRNKT

Privates Investigator
Privates Investigator
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 03:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We probably have plans to nuke Kansas.. of course we have plans to nuke Iran. It doesn't mean it would ever happen.

guru
guru
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 03:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I am sure China has plans to nuke the US.

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 03:18 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
We probably have plans to nuke Kansas.. of course we have plans to nuke Iran. It doesn't mean it would ever happen.

lol, are you fucking kidding?

Privates Investigator
Privates Investigator
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 03:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

R00k wrote:
Dave wrote:

Bean counters need something to do

canis
canis
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 03:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fuck yeah! Lord knows they deserve it. 'Bout fucking time someone did something about Iran...

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 03:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
R00k wrote:
Dave wrote:

Bean counters need something to do

Yea, but the essence of the story isn't that there is a plan -- it's that the plan supposedly will actually be implemented as soon as we're ever attacked by a 'terrorist' again.

Privates Investigator
Privates Investigator
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 03:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

k. wake me up when it happens

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 03:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You don't believe these guys would try it then?

Don't forget, our nuclear programs have been ramped up again, in order to make newer, smaller, tactical nukes. Remember when Rumsfeld was pushing for them?

This isn't war games -- they've already destroyed one entire country for reasons so unsubstantial that they couldn't tell anyone else. I personally wonder sometimes if there is anything they WOULDN'T do. :smirk:

guru
guru
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 03:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure that this plan won't be implemented as soon as we're attacked by a terrorist again. But I can't say that with 100% certainty.

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 03:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I believe we're one attack away from a declaration of martial law, if these jokers are still around when it happens.

Privates Investigator
Privates Investigator
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 03:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Once we use nuclear weapons, it's all over... everyone knows it.

guru
guru
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 03:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

As much as I disklike Bush, I don't quite think it will be that bad...but it might. (regarding martial law)

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 03:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

LOL, I just happened to check CNN.com after reading this thread and saw a news story titled "U.S. warns Iran on nuclear threat". Turns out it was about something else.
( http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/08/ ... index.html )

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 03:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the sky will fall

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 04:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's fine with me, as long as the 'terrorists' don't attack Three Mile Island.

guru
guru
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 10:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wonder if this story impacts things at all:

"Iran far from nuclear bomb, U.S. finds
Intelligence estimate contrasts with administration’s statements"

"A major U.S. intelligence review has projected that Iran is about a decade away from manufacturing the key ingredient for a nuclear weapon, roughly doubling the previous estimate of five years, according to government sources with firsthand knowledge of the new analysis."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8791468/

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 10:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no matter how you haters try to make things look like, when its all said and done America is the good guys and iran/iraq/nkorea and the such are the bad guys
just be thankful we're the top dog and not some other nation like china

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 12:42 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

stocktroll wrote:
no matter how you haters try to make things look like, when its all said and done America is the good guys and iran/iraq/nkorea and the such are the bad guys

I'm not so sure if the US is the good guy.
What's the difference between bombing a Spanish train/English subway and throwing a nuke on a civil target (religious locations)?

I sure as hell already feel ashamed of my own government (here in the Netherlands)... or Europe in general. The fact that they don't respond to nuclear threats coming from the US makes me want to throw up. Europe is the US' lapdog with Blair being their favourite poodle.

Europe should say Fuck you America, if you're going to threaten with nuclear weapons, we're not gonna listen to you anymore. It's simply outrageous.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 01:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tnf wrote:
I'm pretty sure that this plan won't be implemented as soon as we're attacked by a terrorist again. But I can't say that with 100% certainty.

well, that IS the plan, according the story

Quote:
...a contingency plan to be employed in response to another 9/11-type terrorist attack on the United States...includes a large-scale air assault on Iran employing both conventional and tactical nuclear weapons

it may of course just be one of many plans but after iraq it isn't difficult to imagine another feeble 'pre-emptive defence' case being made.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 01:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Jesus fucking christ! They can't threaten Iran with military and economic stuff.... they'll threaten back by raising the oil prices and absolutely destroy our collective economies. Besides that, China is the main importer of Iranian oil so we're risking a conflict with them as well.

And don't even think about conventional military action against Iran, they'd win so hard it wouldn't even be funny anymore. It'd be the end of Western global domination.

Etile
Etile
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 01:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

stocktroll wrote:

some would say that the state isn't a moral agent, and that it acts in the self-interest of whoever it truly represents (not necessarily who it *formally* represents), so to say this or that nation is 'the good guys' is meaningless. instead states are judged by the *consequences* of their policies (rather than by the 'good' intentions of those policies) - and measured in consequences, it's easy to see that the US (i.e. the state, not the people) has not always been a good thing overall, and is becoming more of a bad thing overall year by year

edit: what i'm trying to say here is get your head out your arse mate and unlearn all the propaganda they taught you in grade school

Privates Investigator
Privates Investigator
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 05:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
What's the difference between bombing a Spanish train/English subway and throwing a nuke on a civil target (religious locations)?

Simple, you fucking idiot, one was done, was wasn't.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 05:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Let's rephrase then: what's the difference between putting economic sanctions on a country in the full knowledge that many thousands of people will die because of it and bombing a metroline? Is it not both forcing your will by terrorizing the general population?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 05:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
Eraser wrote:

Simple, you fucking idiot, one was done, was wasn't.

That doesn't matter, it's a hypothetical question.

But if you insist, then what's the difference between bombing a train and invading an entire country based on nothing but lies? A couple of thousands casualties perhaps?

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 05:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tnf wrote:
I wonder if this story impacts things at all:

"Iran far from nuclear bomb, U.S. finds
Intelligence estimate contrasts with administration’s statements"

"A major U.S. intelligence review has projected that Iran is about a decade away from manufacturing the key ingredient for a nuclear weapon, roughly doubling the previous estimate of five years, according to government sources with firsthand knowledge of the new analysis."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8791468/

Since when has real intelligence had any impact on their policies?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.