Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        My car died.

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: My car died.

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 04:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:(

It suddenly got slower and slower and at the next red light it just quit.
I had it towed to the dealership and they said it needed a new engine, which would set me back about 2850 €. That's at least half of what the car is worth.

So I'll probably be selling it to one of those guys who "WILL BUY ANY CAR!!!".

The end of a wonderful friendship, the beginning of the new -carless- SplishSplash. :tear:

Last edited by SplishSplash on 08-01-2005 04:10 PM, edited 1 time in total.

denzii.visible = false
denzii.visible = false
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 04:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Oh no, sorry to hear that.

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 04:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Your Smart died? Image

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 04:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:(

I hope you live in a populated enough place that alternate modes of transportation are easy to come by...

Here there's one taxi company and no bus, so if my car dies, I'm fucked.

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 05:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That sucks.

My cars at the dealer, getting the turbo replaced. At least my repairs are all under warranty. It's not even two years old. I don't know if I want a turbocharged car again, if this is somewhat common.

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 05:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can lend you mine if you like? It's not much to look at but it'll get you from A to B.

Truffle Shuffle
Truffle Shuffle
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 05:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you just cunted my fuck

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 05:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Don't feel bad, I ordered a car on march 1st and i still havent gotten it yet. it shouldn't be longer than 2 weeks now, if everything goes smoothly

It's Sabotage!
It's Sabotage!
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 05:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

what kind of car did you have?

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 05:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's suckie!!!

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 06:29 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What kind of car was it? If you're talking about that kind of decision, it wouldn't be a bad idea to take it somewhere and get a second opinion on it. Don't just take the dealer mechanics on their word.

Digital Nausea
Digital Nausea
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 06:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Get a Civic and spiff it up.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 06:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

spivic

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 12:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

R00k wrote:
What kind of car was it? If you're talking about that kind of decision, it wouldn't be a bad idea to take it somewhere and get a second opinion on it. Don't just take the dealer mechanics on their word.

It was a "smart". See the pic saturn posted. And I'm sure the motor is dead. I looked around on the internet and apparantly it's not that uncommon for the motor to die after 5 years (Yeah I know, wtf.).

Privates Investigator
Privates Investigator
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 12:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

el oh el... pay for what you get

sucks though... without that car, my entire image of you is destroyed

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 12:16 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SplishSplash wrote:
R00k wrote:

It was a "smart". See the pic saturn posted. And I'm sure the motor is dead. I looked around on the internet and apparantly it's not that uncommon for the motor to die after 5 years (Yeah I know, wtf.).

ahh you got one of the old revisions then
cause you see, smartcenter doesnt replace part, only engines. if, say, a valve snaps, they'll replace the entire engine. cause theyre cunts like that.
they also use like 6x more oil than any other car. their excuse is always the same: its a city car, not meant for 100.000 km a year.

the newer smarts seem to be ok though, cept for the ripoff service they got going on. there are non-samrt garages that can fix them without replacing the entire engine, but you'll never know how safe that is

Privates Investigator
Privates Investigator
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 12:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
SplishSplash wrote:
R00k wrote:

cause you see, smartcenter doesnt replace part, only engines. if, say, a valve snaps, they'll replace the entire engine. cause theyre cunts like that.
they also use like 6x more oil than any other car. their excuse is always the same: its a city car, not meant for 100.000 km a year.

the newer smarts seem to be ok though, cept for the ripoff service they got going on. there are non-samrt garages that can fix them without replacing the entire engine, but you'll never know how safe that is

german engineering ain't what it used to be

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 12:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:

Yeah, I already checked with those. They would replace the engine as well, but with a touched-up old one (those are actually pretty good I hear), but it's not that much cheaper.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 12:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
MKJ wrote:
SplishSplash wrote:
R00k wrote:

no sir, it aint
tis a sad ordeal

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 12:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dave wrote:

Probably because they're built in France. Damn frenchies, ever since 1871 they're trying to get back at us. :icon33:

Privates Investigator
Privates Investigator
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 12:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SplishSplash wrote:
Dave wrote:

Probably because they're built in France. Damn frenchies, ever since 1871 they're trying to get back at us. :icon33:

Chrysler cars influenced by Benz seem to do pretty well built in the US. Therefore France is the enemy. No wonder their workers were afraid of the Polish plumber

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 12:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

damnit, no more cross-parking for Splish anymore :(

ouF!
ouF!
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 01:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol that will teach ya for buying a smart..

Arrr?
Arrr?
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 03:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

riddla wrote:
fucking lvlshot drum

:icon14:

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 04:02 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
SplishSplash wrote:
R00k wrote:

You've watched TROS Radar a few weeks ago haven't you?

Approaching the singularity
Approaching the singularity
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 04:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I bought a bike yesterday.

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 05:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dave wrote:
SplishSplash wrote:
Dave wrote:

Chrysler cars influenced by Benz seem to do pretty well built in the US. Therefore France is the enemy. No wonder their workers were afraid of the Polish plumber

Who's not afraid of a Polish plumber though? :paranoid:

Risen From The Ashes
Risen From The Ashes
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 05:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did you know the Smart Car was voted gay car of the year? :p.

Seems like a win-win sitation for you here :D

plained
plained
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 05:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

whoa those have moters in there?

i bet if you spec in there you'll see it jus needs a re-winding :lol:

anyways, yea no car, thats kinda a drag ey

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.