Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Hitler had a nuke?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Hitler had a nuke?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 02:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Bück Dich
Bück Dich
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 02:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

this was already posted and moved to qwfix, for some reason.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 02:58 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A bomb that spread radioactive material... yes. A nuclear bomb that was as destrucitve as the bomb the americans dropped on Hiroshima... no.

Necro
Necro
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 03:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

would'nt that be classed as a "dirty bomb"
rather than a nuke?

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 03:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

most of it is not supported by any kind of evidence:

http://service.spiegel.de/cache/interna ... 93,00.html

PostPosted: 03-15-2005 03:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is this frontpage news in German, Pext?

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 03:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I always wondered why the Germans never used weapons of mass destruction or biological weapons.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 03:52 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Strangler wrote:
I always wondered why the Germans never used weapons of mass destruction or biological weapons.

no WMDs because.. well.. they werent invented yet :) at least not to its full. the US rushed them out and gave it a good testing on hiroshima.
it worked better than anyone expected

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 03:55 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Strangler wrote:

Bio weapons never appeared til the 50s-60s.
Chemical weapons, they did use.
Gas chambers, remember?

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 04:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

blood.angel wrote:
Strangler wrote:

Gas chambers, remember?

But never in combat. Some historians speculate the reason the weapons remained in storage is Hitler's personal experience with chemical weapons in the trenches of WW1.

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 04:39 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
blood.angel wrote:
Strangler wrote:

Gas chambers, remember?

But never in combat. Some historians speculate the reason the weapons remained in storage is Hitler's personal experience with chemical weapons in the trenches of WW1.

Chemical weapons would have just been annoying because the troops were already well prepared after WWI. Even when chemical weapons were introduced in WWI they did fuckall.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 04:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I doubt that.... Sarin was one of the next generation war gasses invented before WW2 - really deadly stuff.

Also, WW2 era Soviet Union and 'well prepared' do not go well together. :)

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 05:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ryoki wrote:
I doubt that.... Sarin was one of the next generation war gasses invented before WW2 - really deadly stuff.

Also, WW2 era Soviet Union and 'well prepared' do not go well together. :)

Yeah but I doubt binary Sarin was invented then (too lazy to google) which has a shelf life of years. The 'ordinary' Sarin broke down in mere hours.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 05:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm also too lazy to google. :(

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 05:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Massive Quasars wrote:

no - feuilleton

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 05:46 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Massive Quasars wrote:

Unlikely, its a fucking book.
The BBC is running it probably because they will have a program based on it soon.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 06:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i find it funny how british and german tv are both obsessed with nazi stuff...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 07:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pext wrote:

History Channel is, what, 95% WW2 related?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 07:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hitler didn't use chemicals in combat cuz he actually thought it was unsporting...even for war...

and he got muster gassed in ww1 and didn't like it...

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 07:22 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pext wrote:

its the only really interesting bit of modern history that happened in europe :D

Black Magic
Black Magic
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 07:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

blood.angel wrote:
Strangler wrote:

Gas chambers, remember?

the japanese had bio weapons... they were going to use them on the u.s.
they had a lab in japan cooking up a more potent strain of the black plague, and they were going to release it using fleas.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 07:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

the us had huge stock piles of chemical weapons in austrailia and were gonna use them if we invaded the jap mainland...

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 08:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

busetibi wrote:
would'nt that be classed as a "dirty bomb"
rather than a nuke?

yeh...but no

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 08:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The flea bomb thing the Japs had? That was cool...kind of like how China tried killing their citizens with SARS after an experiment went wrong with biochemical weapons for a war against the United States....

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 11:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Freakaloin wrote:
hitler didn't use chemicals in combat cuz he actually thought it was unsporting...even for war...

so killing 20 million soviet civilians and 6 million jews and 6 million non jews in the camps wasnt unsporting?

by the way why didnt soviets use it? They obviously had obligations to follow the geneva convencion since they didnt sign it and they broke international rules anyway with stuff like the katyn massacre.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 11:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dr_Watson wrote:
blood.angel wrote:
Strangler wrote:

Gas chambers, remember?

the japanese had bio weapons... they were going to use them on the u.s.
they had a lab in japan cooking up a more potent strain of the black plague, and they were going to release it using fleas.

why didnt they?

god xor reason
god xor reason
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 02:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Strangler wrote:
Freakaloin wrote:

so killing 20 million soviet civilians and 6 million jews and 6 million non jews in the camps wasnt unsporting?

by the way why didnt soviets use it? They obviously had obligations to follow the geneva convencion since they didnt sign it and they broke international rules anyway with stuff like the katyn massacre.

I would say that Hitler felt he was fighting worthy opponants but those he killed in concentrations camps were sub-human.

eepberries
eepberries
PostPosted: 03-15-2005 04:32 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Strangler wrote:

Hitler hated Jewish science. As we all know, Einstein laid out the framework for the design of the nuclear bomb. Obiously Hitler would never listen to him, since he was a jew.

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 03-16-2005 12:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Freakaloin wrote:

can't see why, i managed to construct some of that shit in chemistry and took a shot in the face, felt a little tingly but overall a pleasant sensation.

hitler was a pussy, i have muster gas on my cereal. bring it on.

Necro
Necro
PostPosted: 03-16-2005 01:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol, the original hard man glossy,aye.
What is mustard gas?
A potentially deadly chemical agent that attacks the skin and eyes—and one of the best known and most potent chemical weapons. Mustard gas causes severe blisters and, if inhaled,
Mustard gas was first used in World World I by German troops.
(AP Photo)
can also damage the lungs and other organs. It is usually disabling—sometimes gruesomely so—but not fatal. Unlike the symptoms of exposure to other chemical agents which usually appear immediately, the symptoms of exposure to mustard gas appear one to six hours or more later. This makes mustard gas especially insidious, since victims can suffer tissue damage before they even realize they need treatment. Mustard gas also attacks a cell’s DNA, so it can cause cancer and birth defects.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-16-2005 02:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bitWISE wrote:
Strangler wrote:
Freakaloin wrote:

I would say that Hitler felt he was fighting worthy opponants but those he killed in concentrations camps were sub-human.

Beside jews those in concentration camps were primary slavs. The 20 million soviet civilians his troops killed were primary slavs. the greatest war of all time that he raged with Stalin was with slavs and what destroyed him were slavs, so I see no reason he wouldnt use it against slavs.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 03-16-2005 02:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Both sides had huge stockpiles, and both knew this of each other. If one side would start using it, so would the other, and that was what they were trying to avoid.

Ideology has little to do with it.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.