Quake3World.com Forums
     General Discussion
        Flu

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Flu

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 06:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyone caught that stuff yet? Lars just got over the flu put me down for a week, man that stuff is bad news.

Good to be back I missed this place, in bed for a week with nothing to do but watch the telly. I have over 200 stations and still nothing to watch, Lars was going stir crazy *lol*

*wank*
*wank*
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 06:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Been a while since I've really had the flu but I do catch a cold wich keeps inside for 2, 3 days.

KITTY!!
KITTY!!
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 07:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah i had it a while ago. Infact, i kind caught it twice. It resulted in me missing about 2 weeks of uni work and ive fallen behind. Still trying to catch up...

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 07:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Been years since I have caught anything that has kept me in bed sick I hope I don't catch it again one time for Lars is enough

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 07:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

had a real grannykiller of a cold last month, handfuls of otc medicine and regular slugs of ardbeg allowed me to carry on as normal - but i had a couple of sneezing fits that were like something out of ghostbusters, and a crappy aching feeling that wouldn't go away.

that's the worst bit about getting the lurgey, when you feel all apathetic.

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 07:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The only thing flu is good for is quitting smoking.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 07:33 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

what do you know, you still smoke. homo

oh and dont let pauly see this thread, or he'll tell you all about how you didnt have the flu. noone did cept him, AND ITS HELL !

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 07:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

god i owned this thread...any questions?

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 08:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
what do you know, you still smoke. homo

You crazy monkey... i quit months ago.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 08:27 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yea. you said that about 8 times since ive known you, and every time it takes you 2 beers to lite one up again

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 08:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

but i believe you :icon14:

Karot!
Karot!
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 08:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This time its for good!!11

cross-threaded
cross-threaded
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 08:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

...yea lars...I had it last week...put me down for 3 days...

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 09:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

MKJ wrote:
yea. you said that about 8 times since ive known you, and every time it takes you 2 beers to lite one up again

i dislike it when you dutchies argue with each other :(

eminent
eminent
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 09:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I had the flu last week also.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 09:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Glad to see you're back on your feet.

Now let's go play.

get ready for the sucker punch!
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 11:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

everyone out here has a really bad head cold.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 11:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

mjrpes wrote:
MKJ wrote:

i dislike it when you dutchies argue with each other :(

nex time i'll argue with you :icon14:

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 12:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CaseDogg wrote:

Yep, it's true. Down in Lakewood/Cerritos half the people I know are under the weather.

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 12:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

denzii wrote:
Glad to see you're back on your feet.

Now let's go play.

Friday is the plan :)

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 01:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lars - i'm coming over.

I'm bringing a bit of good marijuana, some tools, and some wood.

Here's the plan.

We smoke a little, build a treehouse, climb it, smoke a bit more, and you enlighten me on the art of cunnilingus.

The world will be a happier place after that (at least a portion of the female half)

Chupacabra
Chupacabra
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 01:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol

BLARG
BLARG
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 01:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't get sick.

PostPosted: 02-21-2005 05:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

megami wrote:
CaseDogg wrote:

Yep, it's true. Down in Lakewood/Cerritos half the people I know are under the weather.

it sucks too, the coughf part takes for ever to go away. (espeacially with all the weed i smoke >E)

PostPosted: 02-21-2005 05:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SplishSplash wrote:
I don't get sick.

i geuss AIDS doesn't count.

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 05:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You got that right I'm pretty much over the flu but that cough that comes with it is still here. Makes your chest hurt. How long does this stay around?

Swiller of Beer
Swiller of Beer
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 05:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

last Friday was a week for me, I feel pretty good, but I'm hacking my lungs up even more than last week, so the coughing is 10 days and running :(

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 05:32 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:(

PostPosted: 02-21-2005 05:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lars63 wrote:
You got that right I'm pretty much over the flu but that cough that comes with it is still here. Makes your chest hurt. How long does this stay around?

for about a month, the flem with change to kinda clear, that's when it's going away. if you smoke weed it will turn like clear with black spots making it kinda gray. when it's like yellow and green that's when you still have the enfection.

FuddyDuddy
FuddyDuddy
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 05:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

CaseDogg wrote:
lars63 wrote:

for about a month, the flem with change to kinda clear, that's when it's going away. if you smoke weed it will turn like clear with black spots making it kinda gray. when it's like yellow and green that's when you still have the enfection.

I like the first answer much better *lol* ten day is much better than 30, hopefully since I don't smoke *pot or cigs* it will go away a little quicker.

*(sigh) Pesky edits*

Last edited by lars63 on 02-21-2005 05:39 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 05:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

[xeno]Julios wrote:
lars - i'm coming over.

I'm bringing a bit of good marijuana, some tools, and some wood.

Here's the plan.

We smoke a little, build a treehouse, climb it, smoke a bit more, and you enlighten me on the art of cunnilingus.

The world will be a happier place after that (at least a portion of the female half)

lols deja's voos

PostPosted: 02-21-2005 05:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lars63 wrote:
CaseDogg wrote:
lars63 wrote:

I like the first answer much better *lol* ten day is much better than 30, hopefully since I don't smoke *pot or cigs* it will go away a little quicker.

*(sigh) Pesky edits*

it'll prolly go away pretty fasy for you then. just try not to coughf super hard because itskratches the thraot more and i t feels like it makes it worse.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 05:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

try not to coughreal hard it might drive it deeply into chest :shrug:

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 02-21-2005 11:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i have it too, it's been going on for 2 1/2 weeks, however I didn't really rest too much. In fact I pulled a 7 day work stint in the middle of it, was utter hell.

PostPosted: 02-21-2005 11:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

you just broke your body down more. :icon14:

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | General Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.