Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        My stock textures up for download!

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: My stock textures up for download!

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 02-06-2012 06:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Rav3n wrote:
*some stuff*

Simply astounding!!

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 02-06-2012 09:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
Obsidian, you really need to release a texture pack!

Fully agree. Also that short tutorial is good, you could expand it a bit and publish in another thread so people don't miss it.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 02-07-2012 02:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:

Who puts a 4 after a 6 and 5? Never ever read a page like that...
still that was really mini and very useful :D

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-07-2012 03:55 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ahh, now I actually understand the picture. I didn't understand why it suddenly got very detailed and then details were taken away again.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 02-07-2012 08:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Durrr... you're supposed to read them clockwise. :olo:

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 02-07-2012 08:43 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

that makes a boatload of sense.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 02-07-2012 09:14 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah now it does :owned:

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 02-07-2012 11:37 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Any chance of a complete tutorial on how you created that texture Obsidian? I'd love to hear how you did it, especially the parts where you add the edges and bolts. I've always been struggling to create good looking edges and stuff like bolts etc, and I can't find any good tutorials on it. A lot of them just assumes you know what to do with dodge and burn and that's that. :p

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 02-07-2012 11:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

He also uses a pen pad.

Theftbot
Theftbot
PostPosted: 02-07-2012 12:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Also adjusting other images and cloning parts to your project in conjunction w/blends works well too.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.