Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Lens Flare effect

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Lens Flare effect

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 12-23-2010 08:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anyone know where can I find a lens flare or flare effect for my map?

Thanks,
snt

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 12-23-2010 09:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I don't know where you would find one, but it's really not hard to roll your own. You'll need a basic .jpg and a shader. For the shader, you'll need:

cull none, deformVertexes autosprite, surfaceparm nonsolid, surfaceparm trans and an additive blend stage for the texture.

Read the shader manual and I'm sure you'll be able to piece it together. That's pretty much all the ingredients for a basic lens flare.

surfaceparm nomarks
surfaceparm nomarks
PostPosted: 12-23-2010 10:10 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

inb4 skinmaster comeback.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 12-23-2010 02:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cityy wrote:
inb4 skinmaster comeback.

I hope you realize that his name is copyrighted because it is on this forum. If you attempt to use it you have to contact him first. Otherwise you are taking away his freedom of speech and all that shit.

Team Event -O- Horizon

NoGhost Map Making Competition 2 (June 2010)

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 12-24-2010 10:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This forum needs more photos of ravers on ecstasy and crystal meth.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.