Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Looking for "missing" mappers

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Looking for "missing" mappers

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 04-29-2005 05:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Greetings, all. Harry Allen, here. I'm the writer doing research on mapping for a planned book project; the one who wrote the piece on level editing for *Architecture* magazine last summer.

I trust that you're all well.

Please: I'm trying to get in contact with a number of specific mappers to conduct interviews; ones with whom I've either had fleeting contact so far, and/or whom I've not yet been able to meet.

Among these are:

Lunaran

On-X

Friction

Auhsan

Butter-B

If anyone knows a way to reach any of them (i.e., besides their regularly posted e-mail addresses either here, on .:LvL, and/or on their web sites), if anyone is in contact with them, and/or can otherwise offer any help in reaching them, please reach out to me at harryallenq3a@yahoo.com.

Also, if anyone would like to see the *Architecture* piece, let me know, and I'll send you a .pdf.

Thank you.

Again, this entire site--the work, the intelligence, the humor--is a huge, incredible inspiration to me. Keep the good work up.

Produce Justice,
Harry Allen

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 04-29-2005 06:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lunaran's been spotted at http://www.doom3world.org

Check your PM, I sent you his email.

4days Joined: 15 Apr 2002
PostPosted: 04-29-2005 06:31 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

harryallen wrote:
Also, if anyone would like to see the *Architecture* piece, let me know, and I'll send you a .pdf.

i think a lot of folks would :)

is it possible to upload it somewhere, or would that be dodgy with it being published material?

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 04-29-2005 07:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Lunaran, Friction and Auhsan can all be found on irc.
Go to:

irc.gamesurge.net
#terrafusion

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 04-29-2005 08:09 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

#tf
lunaran and especially auhsan arent that much around when i am there tho

another good place to find em might be celephais.net/board

and hell, yeah, pls send me the article :)

megamanishere (at) gmx (dot) de

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 04-29-2005 08:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

To All:

Thanks for these helpful replies, and the speed of them.

obsidian: I look over at doom3 for lunanran.

4days: I don't have a site yet, onto which I can up load the article. However, I'd be happy to send it to you. There should not be a problem with coypright: The article consists of my text, and screenshots by a mapper of other mappers' work. The magazine made the .pdf for me, for the purpose of this distributed use.

Fjoggs: Thanks for the IRC suggestion; appreciated.

Produce Justice,
Harry Allen

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 04-29-2005 08:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Will do, megaman. Thanks.

Produce Justice,
Harry Allen

PostPosted: 04-29-2005 08:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

if you could send it to serv@hounfor.com that'd be great.

and if it's okay with you i can host the file indefinitely and post the url here.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 04-29-2005 09:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Fine on both counts, 4Days...thanks. :icon17:

Produce Justice,
Harry Allen

PostPosted: 04-29-2005 09:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 04-29-2005 09:35 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Dear Harry ;) just sent you a PM regarding ButterB

XXXG-00W0
XXXG-00W0
PostPosted: 04-29-2005 11:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That article was a good read and well written indead :icon14:

Could you keep us informed about when that book you are writing is being published?

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 04-30-2005 05:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Produce Justice Harry Allen, hello!

Good luck with the book.

Produce Justice,

Eric Rayl

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-02-2005 08:28 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

To all: Many thanks.

4Days: The link is much appreciated!

Kat: Thanks, but I've not received the PM. Did you send it to harryallenq3a@yahoo.com?

Survivor: Thanks for the warm wishes. Will absolutely do keep Quake3World informed. I can't do this project without all of you.

redfella: Thanks for your kind words. I should tell you: I'm doing a presentation for some colleagues about my work, and one of the screenshots I show them is of *Squared* (redq3dm2). Keep the good work up!

Produce Justice,
Harry Allen

Old Skool'
Old Skool'
PostPosted: 05-02-2005 08:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

harryallen wrote:
Kat: Thanks, but I've not received the PM. Did you send it to harryallenq3a@yahoo.com?

Produce Justice,
Harry Allen

A PM is not a mail, it's an personal message. ;)
Take a look at the navigation bar on the part top of this site, where it should say "X new messages".

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 05-02-2005 08:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gurgle, gurgle, dork, gurgle :icon3: .....thank Fjoggs, and thanks for "breaking it to me gently"!

Produce Justice,
Harry Allen

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 05-02-2005 08:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thanks for the mail ;)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.