Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        Training Day - Release Candidate 1 [Quake Live]

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: Training Day - Beta 3 [Quake Live]

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-01-2011 12:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whooooooooo........ lives in a pineapple under the sea?!

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-01-2011 01:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Spongebob... good ol` times. :D New eps are crap though.

Thanks for the .map file. I like your changes, I`ll see if I can move them over to my .qrk file (the .map file has a lot of stretched, misaligned textures from the brush primitives change), then go from there.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 03-06-2011 08:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I added some more detaling wherever it counted. My imagination isn`t good enough to find all the potential areas to dress up without messing up things, but I did add more pipes, trims etc. and that good stuff. However, the compiling settings that cityy shared are very awesome and should make up for any lack of detailing. It`s no longer the ugly fullbright compile it used to be.

In fact, I`m so confident with this release that I`m ready to call it a release candidate. There are a few very minor visual issues such as z-fighting on a blue trim corner, but I don`t feel like going back to fix them (long .aas compiles) and they can easily be fixed by id (and they have to put in cell id info for ads too, so they`ll have to modify it either way :))

To make it more official, I included an .arena file so it can be callvoted from the menu, and loading / callvote screens have been added, using QL`s official screen format.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?8cyyx6ehelma4z4 (1.14 MB)

Thank you all for the wonderful support. I do appreciate it very much. I plan on sending the map to Sync tommorow, as I feel confident enough that he`ll be quite receptive of it. It may not be the best map he`s ever seen, but I`m sure it`s good enough. My parents seem quite proud as well.

Have fun!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.