Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        [Beta] 13agony - "Agony"

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: [Beta] 13agony - "Agony"

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-20-2011 10:49 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Agony:

A small deathmatch arena for 1vs1 games or FFA.

Screenshots:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

My second remake of an original Dreamcast splitscreen map. This time it's dc_ss405 "Agony".

- more details
- scaled to 125%
- replaced the extreme low jumppads with stairs

Now I'm looking for some general feedback... :D

Download Beta1 (1.7 MB)
PK3: map-13agony_b1.pk3
ZIP: map-13agony_b1.zip

sst13...

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 06-20-2011 01:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think I have never seen the original Dreamcast map before, but this one you made is looking very good. Everything looks nice and clean and well done.
Maybe would be better to have medkit switched for mega when playing in 1v1 mode. But as far as I know this is not really posible to set up in the same map (?) -while 'notfree' key is for both ffa and tourney.
Same for the statue, could be nice to have it not clipped in ffa mode, as a small secret place to find :p
Nice work!

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-20-2011 08:01 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks excellent, as expected from sst13.

There is a spawnflag to set up different item layouts for FFA and tourney, but unfortunately it`s only found in Team Arena and QL, and does not work in vq3.

The flow seems good; better than the original actually, since there`s curves to smooth out your movement. I did find a place where the flow could be enhanced even further, and perhaps make the map more interesting: You could put an accel pad on the end of the walkway the medkit is, that takes you to the GL platform across the room. The GL would have to be extended, maybe put a grate on the side. That way one doesn`t have to take the two flights of stairs, and make the map faster.

P.S. I saw the secret statue of TankJr - very nice! I was wanting to do something similar to this (taking a Q3 player model and turning it into a statue) but was having problems doing it. Perhaps you could throw a PM on how you went about creating the TankJr. statue? Thanks in advance. :)

Good luck with your remake, king of remakes. :D (that is a compilment :up: )

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-23-2011 12:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Really nice and clean use of those old textures. I like the lighting too. Screenshots looks really cool.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 06-24-2011 07:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ok I replace the medkit in 1v1 and TDM with megahealth. The "gametype" key from teamarena works also in vq3!

For playermodel statues:
- extract the desired head_*, upper_* and lower_* model from the pak0.pk3
- load the upper_*.md3 into NPhernos MD3 Compiler
- search for a suitable frame and delete all other frames -> save model
- do the same with the lower_*.md3
- import all md3s into a modeling prog and combine all parts (if your modeling prog support multiple frame md3s skip the part with the md3-compiler)
- apply the texture and scale by ~2.5

There's also a 1024 vertices limitation for mapmodels. In some cases (tankjr-model) you need to delete some not visible faces to prevent crashing q3. :D

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 06-24-2011 06:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's pretty kickass ... flashes me back to my Dreamcast days. It's nice to see it with textures. I'm in love. :D

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 12-21-2012 02:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The map is now final!

Download Final Version: (1.7MB)

PK3: http://sst13.net/maps/map-13agony.pk3
ZIP: http://sst13.net/maps/map-13agony.zip

Have fun!

\kill
\kill
PostPosted: 12-24-2012 05:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is like a Christmas present :D

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.