Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        force bot path on radiant for q3a

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: force bot path on radiant for q3a

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 05-27-2013 11:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hi all!
I need to create a map where my bot will follow a path (for example from A point to B point, from B to A again "looping everytime the path").
The bot need to never shoot at player "he's a sort of demostartion stuff".

Any clue about how can i do it?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-27-2013 12:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You won't be able to, not without significant AI mod programming.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-27-2013 04:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Could it maybe be possible with a route of items, one item at a time, in an external bot navigation map? Items should be triggable for the bots, no?

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 05-27-2013 05:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

can it work if i create a custom bot and set most of is skills to 0? adding some no walkable invisible solids around him and put a weapon upon a jumppad? the main objective is just force him to jump on a jumppad continuosly

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 05-27-2013 08:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You could just trap him in a bot_clip tunnel and put a bot spawn on top of a jump pad. I bet the bot will jerk around/spin around and it would look bad for what you need it for. Also this would only work if you had one bot spawn in the whole map.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 05-27-2013 09:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's easy with the right tools:
http://code.google.com/p/entityplus :)

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 05-28-2013 11:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:°D i'm checking your work Eraser. but i need to add it all inside my mod so i don't know if it can be the right way to do it :°). Basically i just want to create a map with a jumppad and put a bot that will jump on loop on that jumppad.

Insane Quaker
Insane Quaker
PostPosted: 05-28-2013 02:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.