Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        [update] "Hogans Alley" Duel map renamed to "Nemesis" and fi

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: [update] "Hogans Alley" Duel map renamed to "Nemesis" and fi

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-07-2015 07:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Update:

renamed the map to Nemesis
finished lightning
finished vis portals
retextured some parts and brought in some new textures

https://www.dropbox.com/s/41ihub12rjicwr5/nemesis.pk3?dl=0

made a youtube video :D

https://youtu.be/BhXeS_l_3ww

Ok guys thanks for your replies, i have fixed what you´ve been mentioning and i hope its all nice and shiny now :D

I brought in some new textures to get some more variety and put a lot of time in setting up vis portals:
i didnt get how those work for a while but finally i think i got it right.

only 2 things left disturbing me:

i got them moving patches, they get out of shape depending on which angle they be loked at

and then i wanted to use the texture /shw/cobaltborder_black which has a shiny metall shader but ql doesnt seem to have this texture (anymore mb). so i tried to apply the shader on an other texture, but this doesnt work i just get a shiny white surface. i used this shader:

textures/shw/cobaltborder_black_2 (path to my edited texture)
{
qer_editorimage textures/shw/cobaltborder_black_2.tga

{
map textures/base_wall/chrome_env2.tga
rgbGen identity
tcGen environment
tcmod scale .25 .25
}

{
map textures/shw/cobaltborder_black_2.tga
blendfunc GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA GL_SRC_ALPHA
rgbGen identity
}
{
map $lightmap
blendfunc filter
rgbGen identity
}
}

Thats about it so far, would be nice to get some more feedback and testing of the map.

[img]"http://i.imgur.com/G4DCY0G.jpg"[/img]

"Hogans Alley" by Marvin Pofahl

Filename: hogansalley.pk3
Gametypes: duel, ffa, 2v2 tdm
Recommended Players: 2-8

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7w6e36xu94daw5o/hogansalley.pk3?dl=0

Hey guys,

i made this duel map over like the last year and i put a lot of effort in it: spending lots of thoughts about the gameplay especially for duel. Now im past the building process but still got some trouble. Im playing quake since Q3 beta and i think i know what a map needs to be playable in duel but this is my first own map and i had and have to learn all that mapping stuff.

remaining problems:
-Framedrops! (maybe my vis portals sucks idk)
-Patch issues (at some places they fit from distance but move out of shape when getting closer (subdivisions))
-lightning (in ql the lightning looks dull)

If here are some more experienced mappers who would like to help me a bit, this would be very nice :)

Im open for any suggestions also gameplay wise, but keep in mind that i already thought a lot about the map and that every change has many dependencies.

ps. you can also find me in irc at #radiant, #tdmpickup or mail me to marvin-seb.pofahl@gmx.de

Last edited by raidan65 on 04-17-2015 05:01 PM, edited 5 times in total.

Boink!
Boink!
PostPosted: 04-07-2015 08:10 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ahem... strange there is a version conflict... should be 46 but is 47... is this for QL or something?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-07-2015 08:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yes, or for wolfcam with ql files.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 04-13-2015 12:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks like youre know what youre doing!
I have to do that wolfcam-stuff to check your map, it really looks awesome!

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 04-14-2015 05:25 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The issue with the patches and subdivisions is an odd one. Something I too have encountered. Not all patches do it though. No idea how to fix it either...

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.