Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        SCHÖNA [ALPHA 4]

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Re: SCHÖNA [ALPHA 4]

The Ancient One
The Ancient One
PostPosted: 12-14-2018 09:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

cool CZghost!

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-14-2018 09:28 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

And having the PNG and TGA images side by side, I can see how the texture looks like both with and without alpha channel applied :)

It's kind of like turning layer mask on and off :D Since I know that PNG exported from layer with a mask keeps the color of areas completely masked out unaltered, this PNG is usable by Quake Live engine with the same support, like its corresponding TGA image. From what I know, ioquake3 supports PNG as well. But I can't tell how many players use ioquake3 today or tomorrow, then I have to use TGA in Quake 3 release. I'll also make Quake Live version (slightly modified, of course, adding banners), and I'll use PNG images to translucent textures in this version (and sounds/music converted to Ogg Vorbis format). The pentagram texture will be replaced in Quake Live version by something less explicit, to make it content apropriate. I'm looking for a graffitti? Do you have some ideas to graffitti I could use in Quake Live version?

The Ancient One
The Ancient One
PostPosted: 12-14-2018 10:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I got no idea on graffiti, make your own I guess? They have some graffiti generators if you search google

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-14-2018 12:10 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'll do my own, actually.

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 12-14-2018 10:16 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thread created in April 2015.
You start to look like Valve, Czghost

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-15-2018 04:53 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah, too many thing to do, just speaking about the necessary things (school, household work, etc.) - sorry about that. However, I am still holding the development of this map out, so I can finish it I realise that the Alpha 5 development takes way too long, but can't help, actually.

The hell good boy
The hell good boy
PostPosted: 12-15-2018 03:04 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Okay, I've managed to convert all unnecessary TGA images to JPEG and TGA images with necessary Alpha channels to PNG for future Quake Live deployment. It cost me two BSODs from Photoshop, but I made it :D Next time, I'm going to replace old texture paths with new ones, because I've rearranged the textures dir structure to better match what the texture means. Some were quite a lottery to guess, but I did it anyway. Also, I'm going to include the new textures by evillair in next snapshot, so stay tuned :) I've also remade all shaders. Now only two or three textures dirs do not have corresponding shader file, because there is no special surface. I've also included compiler only shaders, for metal floors.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com