Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        So what *hasn't* been done?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 06-19-2005 03:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Anwulf wrote:
From what I've heard, the government should be reining back on demolishing the hutongs. Probably realised they'll be a big draw with all the tourists who'll be coming here for the Olympics in 2008.

I should get some photos of them before I'm transferred from Beijing. They're the one thing I don't have any pictures of.

Did you get out to Xinjiang while you were here?

Well, that's good news at least. Haven't been to Xinjiang. Spent some time in Beijing, around Guangzhou, Hong Kong, and a few other places. It's been a few years since I've been there so can't remember all the places exactly. I *do* want to go see the Huangshan mountains sometime... they are some of the most stunning mountains in the world.

For anyone interested:
http://www.huangshanguide.com/english.htm

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 06-19-2005 11:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A loooong moving train, with so-so details outside so you could actually enjoy it. :) The tracks should go in a loop or something, so your map wouldn't have to be ridicously long. There could be a bridge and a tunnel, oh and fighting on the rooftops. You would have to dodge when going under the tunnel or you would get squished. Also to encourage staying on the train if you get off you get gibbed. :D

Someone should make it, maybe use the TA terrain capabilities (but it should be a Q3 map anyway, so it would get some playtime hopefully). :p

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 06-19-2005 11:48 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Pext wrote:
StormShadow wrote:
Levellord did a map that looked like a naked chick.. you could see boobs and ass in the architecture.. it was hillarious. Not realistic - and certainly not set 'inside' a person, but I thought id go ahead and mention it anyway :) I guess that could also count as a comedy map tho :D

lol... yeah... this was the one with the plasma ejaculation, right? :icon19:

Sounds interesting... link? :paranoid:

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 06-20-2005 05:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dzjepp wrote:
A loooong moving train, with so-so details outside so you could actually enjoy it.

I think it was Pete Parisi who did something like this, although more abstract. Was it the "Meat" series? Kind of rings a bell.

A possible alternative might be something like the Underground where you can move from one station to another either by train or on foot (below or above ground) so that you'd have a circuit. A straight out train map wouldn't really offer much gameplay.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 06-20-2005 07:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Holy CRAP!!! I totally forgot about that space map in "Scourge of Armagon"!!!!! That really WAS the first space DM map ever made. When Quake 3 came out I had totally forgotten about that map. It's amazing how even though I had spent probably hours playing that map, the memories were lost until right now when I looked at the screenshots. Man, that was a while ago... I'm getting old.

axbaby
axbaby
PostPosted: 06-20-2005 12:02 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

inside human body.
inside a computer
on a laptop -a maze map where a laptop keys block passages
inside a montain "cave map"
gravity map "speed powerups flight ..player never touches the ground .. all you do is fly and shoot
elevators and trains i have not seen fully used to their potential for fun

orphan of war
orphan of war
PostPosted: 06-20-2005 06:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kat did a cave map a while back, and i'm pretty sure i've seen others; inside the computer's been done at least 3 times.

Who's that man, Mommy?
Who's that man, Mommy?
PostPosted: 06-21-2005 03:39 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yeah... there even was an ati pr map back in the days.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.