Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        noobquest

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: noobquest

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 07-13-2005 11:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i got 3D max to export an ase-format, adding shaders to the model.
i got the problem I am still running through the model.
i thought playerclip would solve the problem, but no way...
this probab is a stupid question, but i can't seem to find the solution...
here is the shader

textures/pfolio/geron2
{
surfaceparm playerclip
deformVertexes move 0 0 0 square 0 10 0 0.1
{
map textures/pfolio/ger_2.tga
tcMod rotate 2
tcMod stretch sin 0 20 0 0.1
}
}

i heard about webcam-shader possibility, anyone knows this?

here is a first try pic (too heavy mech)

[lvlshot]http://users.telenet.be/NGN/ola2.jpg[/lvlshot]

//Obsidian: As mentioned, use lvlshot.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 07-13-2005 11:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sorry for imagesize

The Borked One
The Borked One
PostPosted: 07-13-2005 12:25 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

instead of using the [img] tag use [lvlshot]...and I have no idea :(

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 07-13-2005 12:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

tkilla wrote:
i got the problem I am still running through the model.

Use the cushion shader.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 07-13-2005 01:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

same prob

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-13-2005 03:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Models are never solid. Although q3map2 does offer an autoclip feature, that creates a brush for every triangle in a model. I wouldnt recommend it for the model you have because it looks quite complex and the autoclip feature might not give you perticularly optimal results. Manually clipping with weapclip of playerclip would be difficult, but would probably give better results. If you do wish to try autoclip though, add spawnflags 2 to the misc_model entity.

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 07-13-2005 05:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

$NulL wrote:
. I wouldnt recommend it for the model you have because it looks quite complex and the autoclip feature might not give you perticularly optimal results. .

Could you not have a 'high' (visible) model and then also export from max a super optimised low poly for the collision? and I dunno... add a see-through shader on it that doesn't catch bullet decals, etc?

similar to physics sims in games now... even for complex stuff like statues you still need to bulk out a collision mesh with primitives.

rep
rep
PostPosted: 07-14-2005 06:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It looks to me as if he needs to reduce the polygonal density of that model anyway.

Beggar@Q3W
Beggar@Q3W
PostPosted: 07-15-2005 06:38 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

@tkilla
Textures look nice!

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 07-15-2005 07:47 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

:confused: lol
in fact i'm not making a level or some...
I'm just trying out things to see how stuff works
patience my friend

in fact i don't like the quake-darklike textures,
ah well it's part of the game i guess:)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.