Quake3World.com Forums
     Level Editing & Modeling
        light bleeding through?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: light bleeding through?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-16-2005 02:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wasn't sure what the normal name for this problem was, tried searching but had no results.

Anyways, I have light bleeding through where two faces meet. There isn't an obvious explanation in Radiant. Does anyone know how I might fix this? Thanks.

[lvlshot]http://www.planetquake.com/bkp/neotic/bleeding.jpg[/lvlshot]

This is not Æon!
This is not Æon!
PostPosted: 07-16-2005 02:48 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Change the lightmap scale on that face to something more accurate?

True Nightmare
True Nightmare
PostPosted: 07-16-2005 04:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Try placing a brush cut on the trim along the axis of that center face ( as if you were extending that face outwards more)

brushmangler
brushmangler
PostPosted: 07-17-2005 09:18 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can't see much of that picture, but most often light bleeding occurs when two rooms with a wall inbetween share the same floor brush or something like that. so start splitting some brushes i'd say.

Hr.O

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 07-18-2005 03:23 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

would func_group -ing the affected brushes solve this?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Level Editing & Modeling

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.