Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Windows 7 and FireFox 3.6+ get H.264

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Windows 7 and FireFox 3.6+ get H.264

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 12-18-2010 05:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

article here

download link

win7, firefox 3.6+ required

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 12-20-2010 11:57 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I can't recommend this update at all.

First off there's so little content for this at the present time you'll probably never need it and by the time you do Firefox will have fully implemented it.

Secondly, ever since I installed it Firefox (v 3.6.13) thinks I'm quitting the program and puts up a "Save & Quit", etc prompt window whenever I close pop-up windows (vid players, etc). It seems to have created a bug in the very functionality it tries to facilitate.

Fuck you Microsoft...all you've done (purposefully, no doubt) is introduce bullshit into your competitor's browser.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 01-01-2011 04:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i tried it and my ram use for FF shot up to 520MB, decided to uninstall and now FF uses 57MB

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 01-01-2011 10:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I uninstalled it and the problem I outlined above is gone.

Like I said....I wouldn't doubt for one second that Microsoft did this on purpose. :shrug:

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 01-02-2011 01:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

they just want ppl to switch to their bowser

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 01-02-2011 04:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So in other words: you're a cunt for making this thread?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.