Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        Internet problem

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Internet problem

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-15-2009 11:23 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have a lady next door that likes to play games online. She goes to kewlbox and when she tries to open a game, it opens into a second window and half the game is not visible because the second window does not scroll up and down.

On my computer it opens into the same window and I can scroll.

Maybe related......when she goes to kewlbox.com and clicks home, it says she does not have the latest version of flashplayer installed. Yet she does because I installed it.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 03-16-2009 03:54 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Use a browser that doesn't suck, like Firefox?

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-16-2009 07:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Does the same thing in firefox

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 03-16-2009 10:19 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is she running at a much lower resolution than you are?

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 03-16-2009 10:34 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Did she try reinstalling Flash?

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-16-2009 02:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

No, same resolution.

I uninstalled flash and shockwave players and then reinstalled latest versions.

I think the problem [or some of it] is that with her computer, when she clicks Big Tut, it opens a new window that cannot be scrolled.

On my computer, when I click Big Tut, it opens the game in the same window.

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 03-16-2009 02:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Try setting the option in the browser to not open links in new window.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-16-2009 05:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

how do you do that?

Pestilence
Pestilence
PostPosted: 03-17-2009 12:46 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Usually in Tools under Options for FF, and Tools, Internet Options for IE. Should be in tabs or tabbed browsing.

Also in IE in the Internet Options under Advanced in the browsing section there is a choice to reuse windows to launch shortcuts when tabbed browsing is off.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 03-17-2009 02:24 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yes, I found those but they do not stop a new page from opening if it is written into the script of the web page.

Jesus of Suburbia
Jesus of Suburbia
PostPosted: 03-18-2009 12:37 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

FF menu/Content/Advanced JavaScript disable everything

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.