Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        motorola sb5100 cable modem

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: motorola sb5100 cable modem

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 07-10-2012 03:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i'm with rogers and my monthly cap is 60gb, just this month ever i'm over my cap by 8gig so that's $16 extra i gotta shell out :(

i was on the phone with fuckheads, and i could be upgraded to 80gb a month for free, but then they told me my modem don't support it, to get the 80gb i'd have to purchase a new modem, that don't make sense to me, plus before i could have gotten 70gb for an extra 5 bills and there was no issues, now for my service to get 80 for free needs a new modem lol

i know they just want me to buy a new modem for the 80gb, fucktards.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-10-2012 04:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol. What did you tell them when they told you that you needed to buy a new modem? I would have asked to speak to his supervisor and then threaten to report this to the Board of Competition as false marketing.

http://www.teksavvy.com

You're welcome (make sure you're not on a pre-existing contract with Rogers first).

I flipped off Rogers and Bell a long time ago and haven't had problems since. My service is cheaper, no contracts and I get a 300GB cap with the option for unlimited. If anything, Teksavvy increased my cap a year or two ago for the same price, from 200GB to 300GB as a "fuck you" to the whole Bell usage based billing ploy.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 07-10-2012 06:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i called them while being wated, so i didn't resist too much, i'll call em again "when" i sober up.

i did look through tek even a few month ago but didn't follow through with the order.

as for a contract, never had one with rogers since 96

so i'd have to get the 28mb/1mb with 300gb

plus the activation fee

plus i'd have to get a new modem since mine is not listed on their site, will think about it

i'll just limit my torrents a bit more for now

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-10-2012 07:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

lol... pussy. Don't blame it on the weed.

I don't think there's any reason why your current modem wouldn't work. Same standards, cable lines still run through the exact same Roger's infrastructure.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 07-10-2012 08:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i quit that stuff long ago

look at the extreme cable 28 package and supported modems, means i'd have to buy one.

i'll be a pussy for now then, at least lawl won't touch me :p

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 07-10-2012 09:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

called em again, only person i could talk to was a tech guy at this hour, he said with rogers new policy i can't get the 80gb deal without a new doc sis 3.0 modem which i can go with 80gb for 18mb/512mb for same price OR 28mb/1mb 120gb for $62/month

now i'm leaning more towards tek 4 sure

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 07-10-2012 09:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

anyone selling guns ?

geoff ?

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-10-2012 09:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Gramps, maybe Randy.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 07-10-2012 09:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i'll take lawl's gun, so it can really fuckem, fuckem hard <george carlin.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 07-10-2012 09:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

called another asshole @ rogers, said same shit, need a modem doc sis 3.0.

that packages are locked, from 80gb+ with new docs 3.0 till they upgrade if they want for more bandwidth.

my modem can down alotta shit, but it's their packages doing the limit

he said i can flip a switch, i said DO IT, he chickened out ooo i'll get fired

looking @ tek more more, like lawl at bois

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 07-11-2012 05:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

just found out i'm on a 1ye contract till apr/2013, but i get 30% off

so i'll wait till then

PS, they waived the $16 overcharge :up:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 07-11-2012 07:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SoM, it sounds like they're trying to upgrade you to a higher package. Higher cap and also a higher bandwidth, which is why they are saying you'll need a DOCSIS 3.0 modem. I don't think they'll just let you upgrade the cap only. Be careful because if you do any upgrading or if they call you about a promotion, you'll almost be certain to be stuck on another contract.

That's the problem with Bell/Rogers. They tell you that you can "upgrade" to a higher plan or get a "discount" when you tell them you're thinking of leaving their service, but then neglect to tell you that in doing so you'll be signing up for a contract. Then if you want to actually leave their service, they'll tell you that you're on the contract and that you'll have to pay a hefty fee for breaking the contract.

The funny thing is, when I was on Bell and they had sneaked a contract on my phone service (which point being that I should be at a fixed price for the duration of the contract), my bill was still going up in price by $5 every other month. That was outlandish so I called them up, escalated the issue to management and told them to fuck off, got them to void the contract (which I was never told was a "contract") and cancelled their service.

Then they kept billing me for 5 months even after I had cancelled with 30 days notice. I called them, they told me I had to pay the amount to clear the amount owing but then they would refund on the next bill. Fuck that, I cancelled the service, they fucked up and kept billing me so I told them I wasn't paying a cent and was only calling to let them know that they need to fix the cancellation. They still kept billing me after that for another two months but I ignored them and I think they finally got the picture.

tl;dr: Fuck them. Bunch of lying cheats.

I've been on TS for about 7 years now and never a complaint. Just a good consistent service and simple affordable bill.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 07-11-2012 09:03 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

edit; i can stay with my current plan, 18/512 = 60 but if i buy the modem it only goes upto 80 with this plan, and they want $200 for the modem or $7 to rent/month, told em to shove it and hung up

aye, i hear what youre saying, i'm not upgrading anything with them no more and to think i was going to get wireless phone from them lol, not any more.

fuck em

good thing my fido contract finished too.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-13-2012 06:36 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yet another reason why Teksavvy is awesome: now they only count peak hours usage towards your monthly cap.

Your Other Daddy
Your Other Daddy
PostPosted: 07-26-2012 01:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

once the contract is done i'm switching to Acanac.ca for a 28Mb, unlimited download for $39/month and i don't need to get a new modem :)

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 07-26-2012 01:51 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You're a glutton for punishment, aren't you?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.