Quake3World.com Forums
     Technology & Troubleshooting
        X-Box Phillips DVD Drive

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: X-Box Phillips DVD Drive

I'm advanced
I'm advanced
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 04:43 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

is a great drive. It plays my burnt DVD-Rs and CD-Rs. Definatly better then the Tompson that was in my old, soon to be modded, X-Box. Thought you guys might want to know that the Phillips drive is a good drive, gonna be up late tonight :)

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 04:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

this is available through any of the sites related to x-box modding...

why wouldent you have just updated your last thread?

I'm advanced
I'm advanced
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 05:05 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I would've, but thge bumps didn't seem to do anything much, so I thought I'd make a new thread about the X-Box DVD drives. I hope the new 8X DVD-Rs will work also, as DVD-R playing is more important then CD-R playing and coping for me.

Mr. Anderson!
Mr. Anderson!
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 05:39 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

die

I'm advanced
I'm advanced
PostPosted: 02-15-2005 07:56 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

do they still manufacuture X-Boxes with the Tompson DVD drive?

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-16-2005 08:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

yes, yes they did.. about 3 years ago.

Cobalt Adrenaline
Cobalt Adrenaline
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 02:17 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

sammy all the way

Elite
Elite
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 06:33 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Turbanator wrote:
sammy all the way

so true.

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 11:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i love my thompson.. its been a damn good drive.. almost 2 years and still running strong..

then again, i put everything i play on the HD.. =D

I'm advanced
I'm advanced
PostPosted: 02-23-2005 01:19 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:
i love my thompson.. its been a damn good drive.. almost 2 years and still running strong..

well after 4 years mine got bitchy, soon everything will be loaded off an 80GB HDD in the X-Box with the Tompson drive

btw, good to see you back SOAPboy

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-24-2005 02:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kills On Site wrote:
SOAPboy wrote:

well after 4 years mine got bitchy, soon everything will be loaded off an 80GB HDD in the X-Box with the Tompson drive

btw, good to see you back SOAPboy

thanks.. good to be back i think :icon26:

The voices in your head
The voices in your head
PostPosted: 02-24-2005 08:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

SOAPboy wrote:

Good to see you back. How are things?

Soccer Practice!
Soccer Practice!
PostPosted: 02-24-2005 04:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Tormentius wrote:
SOAPboy wrote:

Good to see you back. How are things?

Decent i suppose.. got out of the hospital monday (sick *shrug*)..

still need to finish some work on my arcade machine..

I'm advanced
I'm advanced
PostPosted: 03-02-2005 02:47 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

well I did find one thing that the Thomson does better then the Philips and that is read DVD+RW. I ran out of DVD-Rs so I burned a DVD+RW, last one (crappy 2.4X only) so I have to use my old X-Box to run the DVD+RW movie. Oh well I am buying a 50 pack spindle of DVD-R from NewEgg soon.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Technology & Troubleshooting

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.