Quake3World.com Forums
     Macintosh Discussion
        WMV's in Quicktime

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: WMV's in Quicktime

Mr. Anderson!
Mr. Anderson!
PostPosted: 04-21-2005 06:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.flip4mac.com/flip4mac_home.htm

Thats nice and all, and I may end up buying it since its only $10, but I'd like to know if you guys happen to know of any free plugins for Quicktime that will do the same thing.

canis
canis
PostPosted: 04-22-2005 08:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I know of several media players, but this is the first WMV codec for quicktime that I've heard of.

Mr. Anderson!
Mr. Anderson!
PostPosted: 04-22-2005 12:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thats what attracted me to it. I've tried VLC and MPlayerOSX, but they weren't very good. So, I've found plugins that support everything except for the very rare avi with an old codec, and wmv's.

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 05-10-2005 07:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

what about Windows Mediaplayer 9 for mac? I got it installed lol. Plays .wmv fine

XXXG-00W0
XXXG-00W0
PostPosted: 05-10-2005 09:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The Core Mediaplayer? No idea if it works on a mac but i use it over mediaplayer
http://www.corecoded.com/

canis
canis
PostPosted: 05-10-2005 09:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saturn wrote:
what about Windows Mediaplayer 9 for mac? I got it installed lol. Plays .wmv fine

But with the pro version of QT you will be able to convert WMVs to MOVs and other formats. I think WMP9 for Mac will only play files.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 05-10-2005 09:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'll check it out when it works with QT7. Doesn't work right now.

Privates Investigator
Privates Investigator
PostPosted: 06-04-2005 02:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

it sorta works.. it doesnt seem to have the same problem with seeking like WMP has, which is why I will probably buy it. I hate how it takes 10 seconds to synch the video with the audio when you move the slider

SOAPboy wrote:
You happen to be out of your league when it comes to games.. so fuck off..

GONNAFISTYA wrote:

I saw
the "Fist Signal" and
came runnin.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Macintosh Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.