Quake3World.com Forums
     Macintosh Discussion
        hmm slow...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: hmm slow...

It's Sabotage!
It's Sabotage!
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 05:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

wow this is so boring... maybe we should email all the old mac people and tell them to come back :) in the meantime... any mac news? anyone here have iwork? how do you like it?

Mr. Anderson!
Mr. Anderson!
PostPosted: 02-22-2005 05:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have iWork, and would probably uses Pages a lot if I were in an academic class that required resentations. aside from that, I have yet to find a use for Pages, and haven;t really tried to see if its as good as Word for word processing. iLife, especially iDVD is really nice to easily make DVD's from my pr0n collection; never had it as easy on Windows.

Roman Conqueror
Roman Conqueror
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 10:04 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

During the downtime of q3w we had an alternative mac forum here: http://forum.infinite-void.org

I told the guys to come back since this place will be more crowded. :)

canis
canis
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 10:16 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I didnt even know you guys had set up that forum. I was hanging out at raw's "raw-one" forum.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 02:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

That's coz you're not 1337 enough ;-)

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 03-06-2005 03:42 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

4g3nt_Smith wrote:
I have iWork, and would probably uses Pages a lot if I were in an academic class that required resentations. aside from that, I have yet to find a use for Pages, and haven;t really tried to see if its as good as Word for word processing. iLife, especially iDVD is really nice to easily make DVD's from my pr0n collection; never had it as easy on Windows.

iDVD? I just use Toast and make a ISO CD disk with the movies on it in natural format - no conversion.

I got a €99 Toshiba DVD player that can do DivX and such (some French Toshiba but with multi-languages and PAL/SCART). It's not as good as my old Toshiba in construction but the s/w is better and I could dezone it with a few key presses for the one DVD I bought in the US.

I tried Pages and it's not bad for a version 1.0 but I dislike the toolbar. I'd expect Apple to spend a lot more time on it in the next few years and also create a spreadsheet and replace FileMaker with something that is more modern, probably using MySQL as a backend so "it still works with Windows".

I have to use FileMaker at work for bug tracking and it's pretty naff compared to modern apps. Dunno why they don't use BugZilla but it's probably a "not invented here" thing.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Macintosh Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.