Quake3World.com Forums
     Macintosh Discussion
        *@!&^ PunkBuster installation

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: *@!&^ PunkBuster installation

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-27-2005 03:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Decided to reinstate Q3 1.32 but can't for the life of me get it to work. Q3 launches OK but every time I click Multiplayer it counts to about 40 servers then the game quits.

Unfortuntely all the graphics in the 'The illustrated guide to installing Quake 3 on OS X' FAQ by [HBZ]G-News showing exactly which folders the various bits should go are missing and the link to the PB fix installer posted by HornetOSX is broken.

Does anyone have the right links/info/screengrabs?

I recall that getting pb working was a nightmare the first time round and a large part of the reason I never really took to 1.32 (that and not having all day to load the 2000-odd servers in the game browser). But one of my m8s has started a popular 1.32 server which I'd like to join.

All help muchly appreciated.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 11-02-2005 02:17 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Wasn't pb after all, turned out that the 'Quake3 10.2' and 'Quake3 10.2 G4' versions of the app were causing the problem. 'Quake3 10.1' runs fine on 10.3.9. Work that out if you can.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Macintosh Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.