Quake3World.com Forums
     Macintosh Discussion
        Quake 4 demo, mac demo soon?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake 4 demo, mac demo soon?

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 11-23-2005 09:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Still on this thread. Quake 4 for PC was released some months ago. Also the Xbox client is ready. NOw, it is the time for Quake 4 demo. I think there are some chance to see the Quake 4 Mac demo soon.

When D3 was released for Mac, John Carmack said that the best way to port this game to Mac, was release the Xbox version before the Mac client.

Now, the Xbox version is out, and if it could run on a Xbox, it could run as well on a PowerMac...

waiting some announcements :dork:

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 11-25-2005 06:21 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

The pc demo is out, but does not work for multi, so they will fix that first, then expect a mac vesrsion around March-May 06

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 11-26-2005 12:43 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey, by that time I might have a new Quad PowerMac G5 that might actually play that game well...wait...did you say 2006? I'm sorry, I read 2009...

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 11-26-2005 01:13 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

loools, im an optimist G-news!!

canis
canis
PostPosted: 11-26-2005 02:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think it will come, but probably far longer than it took for D3 to come out for mac from its release date. We'll see though. I'd like to see it run on an intel PM with dual or quad processors, and PCI-e graphics.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 12-04-2005 02:41 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i'm think that quake4 was all developed on a dual PowerMac G5 2,5GHz Xbox 360 Kit, and we also wait so long to play it under MacOS X?

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 12-12-2005 08:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.idsoftware.com/documents/rea ... e_1050.txt

they have just added the smp support... By now is a mac application, but they don't have a Mac client. I'm asking how many consumers pc gamers have a multiple processor system on which they play.

canis
canis
PostPosted: 12-12-2005 08:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Not necessarily. They've got support for dual-core and dual CPU systems, but that doesnt mean they've gone through the trouble of getting the mac code implemented, tested, and running.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 12-14-2005 08:53 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

they already have quake 4 code ready for both PowerPC and x86 processors, coz they have an Xbox 360 and PC clients. This mean that the bigger programming problem was resolved (little-endian/big-endian conversion).

I suppose it's just a license problem!

canis
canis
PostPosted: 12-14-2005 09:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think its probably a lot more than that. I wouldnt expect it for Mac for at LEAST another 6 months. I haven't even heard of work on a Mac port. D3 was announced that it would have mac support, and ended up having such a while after the PC version came out. We'll see, but dont get your hopes up.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 12-15-2005 09:36 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

infact today Aspyr has decided to officialized the Mac development... As i said, Quake 4 was Mac ready from the linux port, and now with the smp support added, is a mac apps at all effects. I just could hope that they will develop the game as Graeme Devine did with Quake 3. Quake 3 engine was the last game really developed for mac. (altivec and smp support)

canis
canis
PostPosted: 12-18-2005 07:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Well I'm proud you knew all along. Congrats. Now we play the waiting game.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 12-19-2005 09:07 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Canis wrote:
Well I'm proud you knew all along. Congrats. Now we play the waiting game.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 12-26-2005 04:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

..... still waiting....

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Macintosh Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.