Quake3World.com Forums
     Macintosh Discussion
        Mods For Mac Intel????

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Mods For Mac Intel????

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 03-31-2006 08:50 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ok i downloaded ufreeze mod and i couldnt see anyone???? i couldnt see stats??? wats goin on???? new update??? any ideas??

canis
canis
PostPosted: 03-31-2006 11:15 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nothing Q3-based has been officially compiled for and tested under the new intel mac architecture. I doubt there will ever be an official update to support the intel architecture. If you do get the game running properly on an intel mac, mods should theoretically work the same as they do on windows, linux, or PPC mac machines.

What are you doing with the unfreeze mod to install and run it?

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-02-2006 08:51 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

thats wat you do? i downloaded the mod off clan website and put the folder in my quake 3 arena folder....the games run properly....but no PB of course its a opensource from Sqonik

canis
canis
PostPosted: 04-02-2006 08:53 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You will not get PB support in any intel-compiled Q3 release until Evenballance authorizes a company to include the PB code in an intel-compiled release. As it is, the source code (which folks are using to compile an intel-native binary) does not contain PB support.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 04-03-2006 12:11 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

But can we get bak to the topic at hand??? Wat Bout the Ultra Freeze Tag???

canis
canis
PostPosted: 04-03-2006 12:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

We are on topic. If you want intel-specific support for any mod, you'll have to both have the binary supported and the mod supported. Usually the binary is all that's needed, but for some mods they've done extra coding that could be optimized under a specific processor. I doubt folks here have used ultra freezetag much, so I suggest if you need any specific support for that mod you should contact the developers directly. The most support you'll get from here is how to have the directory structure set up to load the mod from Q3, but you seem to have already figured that out.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 04-03-2006 01:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Rumor has it Brad Oliver has looked at the Icculus sources regarding Jedi Knight 2. I've also read that Elite Force runs though the patches haven't been applied AFIAK.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Macintosh Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.