Quake3World.com Forums
     Macintosh Discussion
        icculus.org/quake3

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: icculus.org/quake3

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 08-15-2006 11:29 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/g ... uake3.html

Is anybody running this version of Q3??? sounds like what we've always needed. a bugless version of Q3. i'm checking it out now.

canis
canis
PostPosted: 08-15-2006 11:56 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Does it support PB? If so then I'll take it, but if not then I cant play on the servers I like.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 08-15-2006 04:03 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no, doesn't support PB. dang it. it plays fine on PB disabled servers tho.

here's the website: http://icculus.org/quake3/

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 09-10-2006 03:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

downloaded it , and it is a stunning improvement . I 'm now going to give
up on mac gaming . Intel mac is what I want now , I will use bootcamp.
The reason being this plays like the Pc version , but they get to play like
this with PB running . I've had it with conversions now after my recent q4 multiplayer angst. I'd recommend everyone to try icculus q3 to see
what you are missing if you are serious multiplayer player the only
downside being you can only play on non pb servers

canis
canis
PostPosted: 09-10-2006 07:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just tried it....its got bugs big-time, so I'm out for now. The game drops sounds, and doesnt allow me to cmd-tab out of the program, among some other small things. It has reduced the graphics quirks and such,but those were minimal - mainly the white textures and such at times. Everything else about the ioq3 version seems to be the same as the regular version, except it limits you to non-PB servers. Personally I dont like it, and will be sticking to the previous versions from id software.

Gibblet
Gibblet
PostPosted: 09-10-2006 09:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi Canis,
you are dead right about the sound , its the weapon response
I was so joyous about. Plasma rail timing etc is now the same as the pc
Not that I've timed it : ) , it just now feels the same as the pc counterpart. For example I can go on the same non pb server with
1.32c and iccolus and there is a large difference in weapon responce times
. Ultimately thats the difference when it comes to fragging or being fragged.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 09-10-2006 12:58 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm on the developer mailing list, ever since I built it for the Intel Macs.

I had audio crashes when I last built it, which have been fixed AFIAK. Try set the audio quality to low to see if that helps.

You might try replace Apple's OpenAL in the linking phase with the "official" one and see if that helps.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Macintosh Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.