Quake3World.com Forums
     Macintosh Discussion
        WHY is no one talking about the Tiger mouse problem!??

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: WHY is no one talking about the Tiger mouse problem!??

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-03-2005 02:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I bought a Mac Mini and I installed Tiger. Great OS blah blah blah. I installed q3, runs good except the mouse accel problem is back and this time it is not going away even when I change the following settings which worked for every other OS X release:

seta in_mouseLowEndSlope "1"
seta in_mouseHighEndCutoff "0"
seta in_disableOSMouseScaling "0"

M$ Mouse is disabled for Q3. I even took my old config from my old Mac and still no dice.

QUAKE 3 IS UNPLAYABLE IN TIGER!

Who else has this problem?

I finally decent fps and the game is unplayable. Help!

canis
canis
PostPosted: 05-03-2005 02:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

http://www.usboverdrive.com

Install that. Most mac gamers use USB Overdrive to taylor mouse and input device settings for their favorite games. That should take care of your problem.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-03-2005 08:31 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hmmmm, I can;t get overdrive to work. I had MS Mouse and I uninstalled it best I could but I might not have gotten all. I don't see how overdrive would help me anyway. Unless I set it to 0% accel for q3 and that works. Does no good if I can't get Overdrive to work though. What a pain.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-03-2005 08:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nevermind... did a spotlight search for microsoft and found an uninstaller.... now going to experiment with Overdrive. Hope it works.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-03-2005 10:38 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ok, thanks that worked satisfactory.

With MS mouse, clicking my whell automatically command tabs to the app switch function. Any way to do this in overdrive? Binding it with the keystoke "tab" and command doesn't work smoothly enough.

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 05-05-2005 12:36 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Kempston Joy
Kempston Joy
PostPosted: 05-05-2005 12:37 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

bgclpeace wrote:
I bought a Mac Mini and I installed Tiger. Great OS blah blah blah. I installed q3, runs good except the mouse accel problem is back and this time it is not going away even when I change the following settings which worked for every other OS X release:

seta in_mouseLowEndSlope "1"
seta in_mouseHighEndCutoff "0"
seta in_disableOSMouseScaling "0"

M$ Mouse is disabled for Q3. I even took my old config from my old Mac and still no dice.

QUAKE 3 IS UNPLAYABLE IN TIGER!

Who else has this problem?

I finally decent fps and the game is unplayable. Help!

say sorry to the tiger

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 05-05-2005 02:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

FWIW, I had to remove the MS driver from my system when I did a straight "upgrade". Clicking wasn't working for the menu bar in the Finder!

If you can live with 10.3, I'd suggest you wait for 10.4.1 to surface.

canis
canis
PostPosted: 05-05-2005 03:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I had my fair share of problems in "breaking in" 10.4, but it's stabalized now, and isnt giving me any more problems. I had freezing mice, hangs, and crashing. One thing I'd recommend is going to your "Library" folder and emptying all the contents of the Cache folder if you've upgraded or done an "Archive and install".

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 05-06-2005 05:22 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I also dumped the preferences for Mail.app as it wasn't importing from .Mac for some reason.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 05-14-2005 10:52 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Yeah I bought Mac Mini with Tiger and it was about three days of headaches. I am a graphic artist, so of coarse my first priority was getting Q3 working.

Now I am enjoying the most advanced OS ever. Good times.

social engineer
social engineer
PostPosted: 05-15-2005 11:08 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Burial Grounds?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Macintosh Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.