Quake3World.com Forums
     Macintosh Discussion
        Logitech MX-510 sensitivity problem

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Logitech MX-510 sensitivity problem

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 06-14-2005 01:42 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Just got an MX-510 and am having probs with sensitivity/tracking speed changing.

First game after launching Q3 is fine then when it's the next map the mouse sensitivity seems to change, although the number in the console doesn't vary.

When I go back to Finder, the mouse speed has been reset to something low (usually I set it to position 8) and has to be reset. If I leave the Keyboard & Mouse control panel open with the Mouse tab selected while playing Q3 it doesn't look like it's changed, but it has and I have to reset.

I've downloaded the latest Logitech drivers and tried both settings for 'seta in_disableOSMouseScaling' (not sure if you even need this for 1.31 which is all I play, ISTR that there was some kind of mouse tweak needed to make 1.32 work right but don't have that version after last reinstall); that changes the sens in the game but I still get the same slow-down effect after the first game.

When it works properly this mouse is great but the rest of the time it's a pain...

canis
canis
PostPosted: 06-14-2005 06:06 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Try using USB Overdrive instead of the logitech drivers: http://www.usboverdrive.com

I haven't used the Logitech drivers at all, so I can't comment on them, but USB Overdrive has solved pretty much every mouse quirk I've had in the past.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 06-15-2005 03:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Thanks Canis. I tried this but it doesn't seem to fix it. I wonder if the mouse is actually faulty in some way...

Also, how can I unistall the USBOverdrive? I don't want it conflicting with the Logitech drivers, which better support all the browsing and app swiching buttons.

Thx.

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 06-15-2005 05:40 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

open the console and let it run in the background, you could maybe see why the sens is set to low.

btw, I just uninstalled my Logitech drivers and the V500 mouse of mine responds better now (still got USBoverdrive installed)

canis
canis
PostPosted: 06-15-2005 06:33 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wouldnt have both drivers installed. Uninstall the Logitech drivers and then install USB Overdrive.

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 06-15-2005 02:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey, it's a ReMiXer. Welcome. I often play on demon with sin, target, tank remix and a few others from the ReMiX clan. My name is 'FarQ' on there. Always fun :)

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 06-28-2005 03:06 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

saturn wrote:
open the console and let it run in the background, you could maybe see why the sens is set to low.

U mean the OS X console? Or the Q3 one? Is there anything in particular I should be lloking for?

I nose it!
I nose it!
PostPosted: 08-17-2005 02:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've had that problem these last few days with my new MX510. During a game, the sens will randomly go apeshit, as if it's almost doubled. I disconnect and reconnect and usually it's fine again. Someone recommended me this program, usbmrs10.exe as they had the same problem too. I've installed usbmrs10.exe which modifies the hz. You get an option for 250hz, 500hz or 1000hz. I was advised not to patch it with 1000, but 250 or 500 is ok. I've patched it with 250 and 'so far', everything seems stable.

http://www.proarena.com/p/ftpx/f8458/ga ... 10.exe.htm

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Macintosh Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.