Quake3World.com Forums
     Macintosh Discussion
        new ibooks

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: new ibooks

It's Sabotage!
It's Sabotage!
PostPosted: 07-26-2005 05:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

man... i'm so dissappointed in apple right now... what happened to the "great new powerpc products in the pipeline" i mean, it's 2005. wtf is 32MB video card? that is ALL i wanted, now i have to get a 12" powerbook for college i guess ...

canis
canis
PostPosted: 07-26-2005 07:14 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think they meant PowerMac revisions. The low-end stuff will always be low-end...

It's Sabotage!
It's Sabotage!
PostPosted: 07-26-2005 09:48 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ok well canis you are a college guy, do i spend the money and get the powerbook and an external lcd or crt display and more power, or do i spend less money, get the ibook and hack it for an external display and have less power and a shitty video card which is basically useless for almost all new games, or thirdly do i just get an imac for the price of a powerbook which will nullify the need to get an external display? I am either getting a 12" ibook or 12" powerbook as i don't REALLY have the money to spend on a 15" powerbook, and i also find the 15" too big for if i ever wanted to take it anywhere. The 12 i could actually see myself using its portability, but i would need an external monitor and keyboard for typing papers etc. but how much portability do i actually need for college? the imac is such a great deal arg!

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 07-27-2005 07:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I know I wasn't asked, but the latest and greatest games requires lots of video memory. It seems like 125 mb is the minimum. 64 will let you play many games, but it's usually slow as molasses. You could put a p.c. together. I'm not going to say they cost less, they really don't, but you can install a state of the art video card into an under powered system and get the performance needed for gaming.

Powerbooks have a tendency to last longer then iBooks. That's just my experiences.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Macintosh Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.