Quake3World.com Forums
     Macintosh Discussion
        OpenGL game problem...

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: OpenGL game problem...

canis
canis
PostPosted: 07-25-2005 10:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Whenever I start an OpenGL game, my mouse appears in the center of the screen and wont go away unless I minimize the game by cmd-tabbing and then tabbing back to the game. It's frustrating because some games wont let me cmd-tab out, and I'm stuck with the mouse there. Is this a known problem and are there any known fixes for it?

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 07-26-2005 09:05 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

hmm...having the same problem

oldskool
oldskool
PostPosted: 07-26-2005 09:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

maybe it's USB Overdrive

Commander
Commander
PostPosted: 07-27-2005 07:08 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've experienced said problem before, with out using usb over drive. If I dialog box pops up while launching an application, it can cause the problem. But it's not the only reason it can happen. Video restarts can some times remove the cursor. It's been so long sense i've had that problem; I can't remember how I fixed it.

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 07-31-2005 09:52 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I got that problem for awhile, but have not had it for ages, I think I made sure to not be moving/clicking the mouse while a game was loading - either that or a game re-install might have done the trick -also check for gl settings ingame and see if they can help.

canis
canis
PostPosted: 07-31-2005 11:30 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I wiped my comp clean and did a full OS re-install. It's working great now. :D

Will Hench for Food
Will Hench for Food
PostPosted: 08-01-2005 01:24 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

DiVX can cause that problem

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 03:19 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Canis wrote:
I wiped my comp clean and did a full OS re-install. It's working great now. :D

ouch, i hope you dont have to do that often - but glad to hear all is wel l again

canis
canis
PostPosted: 08-02-2005 07:02 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I dont, but there were problems when I "Archived and installed" when I originally installed Tiger. I just copied my whole home directory back to tiger, and I think there were conflicts with some of the Jaguar files. Spotlight and Dashboard would take forever to load, among other slow-downs and glitches that others didnt appear to have.

Privates Investigator
Privates Investigator
PostPosted: 08-05-2005 12:12 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's doing it to me too on q3 and et. Did you have a logitech mouse with the logitech drivers before? That's all I can think of

canis
canis
PostPosted: 08-05-2005 07:32 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have an MX510, but I'm using USB overdrive.

Privates Investigator
Privates Investigator
PostPosted: 08-05-2005 11:59 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

It's ok, i guess.. it sorta turns my crosshairs into a mouse pointer, so it's like pointing and clicking instead of shooting

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Macintosh Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.