Quake3World.com Forums
     Macintosh Discussion
        What is the best q3config.cfg for a G5 ?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: What is the best q3config.cfg for a G5 ?

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 08-18-2005 01:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I just got a new G5 Dual 2.0 GHz with ATI X850XT video card. I have a fast connection to the internet, and I want to play Quake3 in the best, very high quality mode, with all "bells and whistles". The monitor is Apple's 20" LCD. I want Quake to play at the highest resolution for this monitor (1680 X 1050). Can you post the best q3config.cfg file which could do the job ?

Thanks.

canis
canis
PostPosted: 08-18-2005 02:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Start Q3, go to the settings, max them all out, and you're set. Custom configuration should be increasing com_hunkmegs to 256 or so to allot more memory to Q3 and do the custom aspect ratio thing to suit your monitor's resolution.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 08-18-2005 07:59 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Keep in mine.. custom aspect ratio also changes your X / Y mouse tracking. So you'll get the wide screen, but also a good chance of getting a weird tracking mouse.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 08-19-2005 12:54 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

In your q3config.cfg change seta r_mode to seta r_mode "-1"
then you can have whatever resolution you want by changing
seta r_customheight ""
seta r_customwidth ""
EDIT:oh I see this has already been answered.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 08-20-2005 01:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

If you want, give these configs a go:

http://www.planetquake3.net/tweak/tweaked_configs.html

http://ucguides.savagehelp.com/Quake3/FPS_visuals.html

Both of these pages offer you 'high quality configs'. Those 2 pages should have the same (or at least near same) in terms of quality.

Put one of them in baseq3, and if you like it, then go into the menu and alter the sensitivity and controls to your tastes.

Also, in your graphics cards control panel, turn everything on high, such as anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering.

And voila! :)

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Macintosh Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.