Quake3World.com Forums
     Programming Discussion
        bug-fixed 1.32 = 1.33?

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

Timbo
Timbo
PostPosted: 10-28-2005 06:37 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

This is basically the point of ioq3. I uploaded an exe of the current revision here: http://tremulous.net/junk/ioquake3-r196.exe

Timbo
Timbo
PostPosted: 10-28-2005 07:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I should mention punkbuster isn't and probably never will be supported. Punkbuster basically relies on being closed source to work (including its integration with the host game). So even if Evenbalance wanted to work with an open source version of Q3, I'm not sure they could technically.

It felt good...
It felt good...
PostPosted: 11-01-2005 11:46 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Does this exe Timbo posted work with any online mods?

Gomu Gomu no.....
Gomu Gomu no.....
PostPosted: 11-02-2005 01:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

AFAIK, any modified engine will not work with punkbuster, so my guess is you won't be able to play online with it.

-An eyeful a day is bloody fantastic!-

Timbo
Timbo
PostPosted: 11-02-2005 07:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

dzjepp wrote:
Does this exe Timbo posted work with any online mods?

Should do. An effort is being made to remain compatible with 1.32b as much as possible.

corncobman wrote:
AFAIK, any modified engine will not work with punkbuster, so my guess is you won't be able to play online with it.

There are actually a surprisingly large number of servers that don't use punkbuster at all. You can still play online, just not on the PB servers.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Programming Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.