Quake3World.com Forums
     Programming Discussion
        Quake3 master server responses..

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Quake3 master server responses..

i like to program
i like to program
PostPosted: 11-09-2005 11:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

So I decided to write a small server browser, and I am a bit stumped. When you send the getServers request to the master server, you get a getServersResponse that can contain a maximum of 256 servers. I only appear to get one getServersResponse as well, so how in the hell do you find more than 256 servers?

Mentor
Mentor
PostPosted: 11-10-2005 04:30 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You don't, apparently. It seems Q3A cheats by caching the servers to servercache.dat, retrieving them from said file when booting the UI (done in _UI_Init(), ui/ui_main.c).

i like to program
i like to program
PostPosted: 11-10-2005 08:45 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

^misantropia^ wrote:
You don't, apparently. It seems Q3A cheats by caching the servers to servercache.dat, retrieving them from said file when booting the UI (done in _UI_Init(), ui/ui_main.c).

There has to be a way... ASE and stuff grab more as well?

Warrior
Warrior
PostPosted: 11-10-2005 12:26 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

there is a way i know of it, theres lots of php scripts on the net that can show server data even send rcon commands.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Programming Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.