Quake3World.com Forums
     Programming Discussion
        Cross-referenced HTML doc on Q3A structures and enums

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: Cross-referenced HTML doc on Q3A structures and enums

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-24-2012 11:55 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hi,

I have created an HTML doc entitled Structures and Typed Enums Used in the Quake III Arena Source Code to make my Q3A hacking easier. It contains the commented source code of many of the structures and enums used in the Q3A code (from the original headers) cross-referenced to each other. I thought that this doc might also be useful for others, so here is s link where you can read or download it:

http://linradiant.intron-trans.hu/docs/ ... tures.html

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-25-2012 12:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Nice effort, although hitting the F12 button in Visual Studio does pretty much the same :)

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-25-2012 12:21 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
Nice effort, although hitting the F12 button in Visual Studio does pretty much the same :)

MinGW/Msys. A lot of people (including me) don't use MS sh#t. And what about Linux programmers?

Cool #9
Cool #9
PostPosted: 06-25-2012 12:23 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

True. Don't be hating on Visual Studio though. Anti-MS sentiments are so 90's.

Veteran
Veteran
PostPosted: 06-25-2012 02:15 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Eraser wrote:
True. Don't be hating on Visual Studio though. Anti-MS sentiments are so 90's.

Has anything changed about M$ since the 90's? :)

I don't hate MS stuff, I just dislike it (there is a difference). I tried the IDE of MS Visual C++ once, but found it far too bloated and complicated. For me using MinGW/Msys has several advantages. The system is very compatible with Linux, so I can build my stuff using almost the same Makefiles and the same procedure. The whole build process is transparent, you can tweak anything if you don't like the way it works. For IDE I use Geany which is very capable. Mingw + Msys + Geany (+ maybe GDB) together make a very comfortable environment, IMO on par with MS Visual C++.

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Programming Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.