Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        q4ctf server not updating w/ master

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: q4ctf server not updating w/ master

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-31-2005 12:05 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Can't seem to get my server to update with the master servers. Been running the server for 2-weeks now. Please help!

I'm using the dedicated server config from here:
http://www.quake4world.com/index.php?title=Dedicated_Server_CFG

I have all the open ports set:
28004 27650 UDP and TCP

seta sv_master1 "q4master.idsoftware.com"
seta sv_master2 "master3.idsoftware.com"

I'm NAT'd and my start-up linne goes like this:
C:\Quake4\Quake4Ded.exe +set net_port 28004 +exec server.cfg

Server IP is: 12.166.222.101:28004
and I can connect to it fine by adding a 'custom server'.

Any ideas why I'm not listing?

Thanks in advance.
mecha[/url]

straight at you
straight at you
PostPosted: 10-31-2005 12:09 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Are you sure it isn't reporting to the master? Or are you saying that because it isn't *listed* in the game browser?

Because the browser currently only retrieves 1000 servers from the master and stops, which could be why you aren't seeing it.

I thought this was just a problem with the in-game browser, but I read on a developer's site who was making a game browser (can't remember if it was Echelon or something else) that the master server only replies to queries with 1000 servers. Which seems pretty crappy to me, but it may be the case.

Recruit
Recruit
PostPosted: 10-31-2005 12:22 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm using Xfire and the max it shows it can list is 1146 (all countries) righ now.

You'd think I'd see my server at least listed once since its been running for a couple weeks now, ya know...

mecha

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 10-31-2005 01:55 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

do people connect though ?

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.