Quake3World.com Forums
     Quake 4 Discussion
        Quake 4 PR 1.3 Information

Login | Profile | | FAQ | Search | IRC

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
Topic Starter Topic: 

Mercenary
Mercenary
PostPosted: 07-14-2006 09:00 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

a new weapon?

sweet! :]

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-15-2006 03:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

jayP.lq wrote:
a new weapon?

sweet! :]

That is pretty cool. Nice going, guys. >: ]

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 07-15-2006 06:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

i hope its a double barreled shotgun :)

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 07-16-2006 12:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

"Before QuakeCon" would have to be fairly soon... Specially if they're going to run the new patch at the event; they'd want everybody to have some practice with it first.

*ponders new weapon* :drool:

Eh?
Eh?
PostPosted: 07-16-2006 01:08 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

A new weapon...? Judging by the pic it looks like nothing. I mean, it could be a biogun style weapon (like the goop gun from UT) but the design from that shot is quite poor... It is a small shot though...

Looking at it though...

Its quite possible...

It could be a grapple? Looking at the pic upclose with better gamma, i can see a lower handle with a claw like device coming out of the sides...

But thats to much to wish for. I bet it is just a grapple. Cant wait to see what number i have to assign this to, lol.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-16-2006 06:17 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Looks like the LDA plasma gun to me.

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 07-17-2006 04:12 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

ambient lighting options? as in vertex? If so, I'll reinstall just so I can actually play it.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-17-2006 04:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Where do you see a picture of the new weapon?

Primal screamer
Primal screamer
PostPosted: 07-17-2006 04:29 PM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

o'dium wrote:
A new weapon...? Judging by the pic it looks like nothing. I mean, it could be a biogun style weapon (like the goop gun from UT) but the design from that shot is quite poor... It is a small shot though...

Looking at it though...

Its quite possible...

It could be a grapple? Looking at the pic upclose with better gamma, i can see a lower handle with a claw like device coming out of the sides...

But thats to much to wish for. I bet it is just a grapple. Cant wait to see what number i have to assign this to, lol.

I don't think it's a goop-like gun, I think the orange like part of the weapon is probably some battery or energy core part thing, kinda reminds me of the q2 railgun.

It'd be cool if it was a grapple though, maybe it'll play some new role in the new game mode?

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-17-2006 09:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Grapples are for fags.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-17-2006 10:27 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quake 1 Matador, the grapple was so fun. Especially hooking onto someone and they would pull you.

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 07-18-2006 02:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Ganemi wrote:
Grapples are for fags.

Then I guess my name is fernando.

NOT OK
NOT OK
PostPosted: 07-18-2006 02:01 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Because I'm a fag.

Immortal
Immortal
PostPosted: 07-18-2006 02:27 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

q2 grapple ruled :)

The Illuminated
The Illuminated
PostPosted: 07-18-2006 07:00 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

HeadHunters2 grapple rocked..

But to be honest: I hope the new gun's NOT a grapple.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-18-2006 08:20 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

You know what grapple totally owned? The grapple from the Hunt mod for Quake 3. It was a really short ranged grapple that you actually threw. The hook would go up, and come down, and you'll pull yourself up to the point where it hit. It was more of a throwable hook with a short rope at the end. Actually, it was exactly like that, since it swung n' stuff. It was pretty sweet, though it probably wouldn't be good for Quake 4, it wouldn't obliterate the game like a normal grapple would.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 07-19-2006 01:59 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

no way man, grapples are for fags.

Grunt
Grunt
PostPosted: 07-19-2006 03:19 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I've played alot with the grapple and I must say it sucks even more than Riddla.

The Afflicted
The Afflicted
PostPosted: 07-19-2006 03:49 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

-

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | Quake 4 Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.