Probably  0%  [ 0 ]
Quite Likely  5%  [ 1 ]
I bet he's not wearing pants either  50%  [ 9 ]
And he's gay  22%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 18
Topic Starter Topic: North American Neanderthals vs Girly Handed Euro Trash

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 05-02-2008 09:11 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What say one day we set up a server at a specific time and play Euros against people in NA for bragging rights?

On different nights or after campaigns we can switch off between a server in Europe or one set up on the other side of the pond. That way nobody can use ping as an excuse for cross-eyed fagg0tness that couldn't hit the ocean with a rocket or sticky hands due to too much joint rolling.

On your ETQW profile page there's an XML stats dealio for keeping track of pwntage. I'm no coding nerd for building a stats site but I could fuck about to contribute some graphics if anyone wants to go this route. If there's already a page of this shit for the [Q3W] clan, link me or burn in hell.

Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
Messatsu Ko Jy-ouu
PostPosted: 05-02-2008 09:20 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

if you can find a server in the midst of the atlantic so we all have the same ping :paranoid:

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-02-2008 11:07 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Is this what you mean by clan tracking?
http://stats.enemyterritory.com/clan/14209

BTW, anyone planing on having a few clan matches? I'm sure some of the "official" clans will enjoy a few practice matches with us while they're preparing. We can take on our "sister" clan, [D3W] (Doom3World.org).

XXXG-00W0
XXXG-00W0
PostPosted: 05-02-2008 12:14 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

What's the raw count anyway. I think the US has the most players anyway.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-02-2008 12:43 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

As far as overall ETQW players, it's pretty close between NA and Euro players. ETQW is made in Europe, released first in Europe and well marketed in Europe. So there is a surprising amount of euros playing. It's rather surprising to be playing and hearing someone playing in German on even on some occasions from Australia on a NA server.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 05-02-2008 02:13 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
Is this what you mean by clan tracking?
http://stats.enemyterritory.com/clan/14209

:up:

obsidian wrote:
BTW, anyone planing on having a few clan matches? I'm sure some of the "official" clans will enjoy a few practice matches with us while they're preparing. We can take on our "sister" clan, [D3W] (Doom3World.org).

Yer the clan leader....set it up bitch.

One Man Army
One Man Army
PostPosted: 05-02-2008 03:28 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I avoid comp play because I'm unreliable.

XXXG-00W0
XXXG-00W0
PostPosted: 05-02-2008 10:16 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

obsidian wrote:
As far as overall ETQW players, it's pretty close between NA and Euro players. ETQW is made in Europe, released first in Europe and well marketed in Europe. So there is a surprising amount of euros playing. It's rather surprising to be playing and hearing someone playing in German on even on some occasions from Australia on a NA server.

Was thinking more about the ratio on q3w.

Canadian Shaft
Canadian Shaft
PostPosted: 05-06-2008 04:56 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

let's do this

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-06-2008 06:12 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Survivor wrote:
obsidian wrote:

Was thinking more about the ratio on q3w.

Yes, 8/10 of the current members are in NA. It's just you and Shallow in Europe. GFY recently migrated to our side of the pond.

So, any particular clans we should contact for a match? Let me know and I'll see if I can arrange something.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 05-07-2008 02:44 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I have no idea as to particular clans we should hook up with. TBH...it doesn't matter...it'd just be fun anywhoo. If it becomes too hard or too easy against particular clans we can ask other clans who they recommend we bash.

But I was just talking abo0t Q3W clan members hooking up for a fragfest...not specifically "us against them" against a clan (but I'm all for that obviously)....more like "stab your friend in the crotch while tea-baggin" sorta stuff.

If Euros are outnumbered we can still balance the teams anyway...or join forces on a half full public server to lay down the pwntage.

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-07-2008 03:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

There are lots of mostly empty unranked servers (some with bots) that we can play in if we need a place for a Q3W only game.

Glayven?
Glayven?
PostPosted: 05-08-2008 07:20 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'd be up for that.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-26-2008 01:48 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I will fuck you all up - unless we are all on the same team - then i will fuck everyone else up. In the ass. With a fork. A fish fork.

YEAH

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 05-26-2008 04:58 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Quote:
PLAYER PROFILE: DonCarlos
Ranking: 134,694th
Time Played: 0 hours

Noob. Added you to friends list. If you're actually going to play, I'll add you to the clan... otherwise, you'll just make the rest of us look bad.

Unquantifiable Abstract
Unquantifiable Abstract
PostPosted: 05-26-2008 08:29 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Hey! I have improved some what :D

Yeah i will give you a little taste of my ownage soon enough sir...maybe tonight, maybe tomorrow, who knows. All I know is that it will be someday soon and you should prepare you soul for destruction *BOW*

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 08-02-2008 04:34 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Btw, what it is that prevents the game/stats from recognizing where the player is located? For example, my stats page lists my country (Finland) as "unknown".

I'm the dude!
I'm the dude!
PostPosted: 08-02-2008 06:35 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I think that would be your IP/ISP. I'm incorrectly listed as being in the USA even though I'm actually Canadian.

Linux Version
Linux Version
PostPosted: 08-11-2008 08:01 AM           Profile   Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

I'm in, fwiw.

Edit: Yeah, I'm listed as unknown despite being in Canadia as well. I blame Rogers. You'd be surprised how often that's correct.

Trainee
Trainee
PostPosted: 08-11-2008 11:50 AM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Uh yeah, I'm in too if this actually leads to setting up a game one day. As mentioned in my previous post, I live in Finland so I'm a Euro trooper.

Legend
Legend
PostPosted: 08-12-2008 07:40 PM           Profile Send private message  E-mail  Edit post Reply with quote

Finland, fuck yeah!

Quake3World.com | Forum Index | ET: Quake Wars Discussion

Quake3World.com
© ZeniMax. Zenimax, QUAKE III ARENA, Id Software and associated trademarks are trademarks of the ZeniMax group of companies. All rights reserved.
This is an unofficial fan website without any affiliation with or endorsement by ZeniMax.
All views and opinions expressed are those of the author.